Bluebox as a Audio Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solipsvs View Post
    there was a video 1010 guested on where they said it wasnt part of the plan unfortunately although it would be great. i think it would need to be more expensive to justify the extra r&d
    did yall see this?

Comment

A related suggestion: let the USB host port use a class-compliant audio device for output. Would be especially useful if it counted as a separate output with the same configuration and send capabilities as OUT2. No more room in the hardware for more outputs, but maybe we can expand our outputs (and inputs?) with USB.

Comment

Originally posted by skysick View Post
        A related suggestion: let the USB host port use a class-compliant audio device for output. Would be especially useful if it counted as a separate output with the same configuration and send capabilities as OUT2. No more room in the hardware for more outputs, but maybe we can expand our outputs (and inputs?) with USB.
        i think it seems fairly unlikely, but yeah, would be super cool to route the digital outs of the blue box via usb into my xone 96 for some analog summing.

Comment

class-compliant bi-directional audio over usb would be awesome! especially paired with something like the OP-1 (which just added that feature via a firmware update!!, 10 years later)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Also... there are SO MANY great options for interfaces. And with the ability to export STEMS it seems less necessary. But we hear you.
            As far as I can tell, there isn’t a competitor in the space with the portability of the BlueBox.

I bought the BlackBox and BlueBox because of portability. I have an Akai MPC Live 2. It’s sell is that it’s a portable solution.

Have you ever picked one up?

If usb audio interface compliance was added to the BlueBox - it would be my go to portable mixer. Because it could do ALL the things I need AND it would be truly portable.
            If you added the functionality to a BlackBox so that it could use the class compliance of the BlueBox - then IT would be my portable answer (instead of the MPC Live 2)…
            a BlackBox, a BlueBox, a USB lipo battery, powered stereo speakers, and a midi controller ALL TOGETHER weigh less than Akai’s product…

When I’m out in the forest, or near the beach, and I’m making noise… people ask “what’s that.”

Do you prefer the answer to be, “an Akai….”
            or do you prefer “1010music…”
            because we both know they’ll walk away thinking, “I should get me one of those…”

you’re right the BlueBox and BlackBox weren’t designed to work this way…

But they CAN….
            your customers want them to…
            and I can’t think of better advertising for your brand.

Just something to consider.

-another satisfied customer of 1010music
            Last edited by MrEUser; 07-21-2021, 05:30 AM.

Comment

I mentioned this in another post, and I’m making sure it’s here…

I bought my BlackBox and BlueBox because portability.

I also have an MPC Live II. Akai calls it portable. It has a speaker, battery, and interface. Pretty much everything needed to be portable. And as of yesterday’s 2.10 update, it works with class compliant USB audio…

BUT it has a MAJOR drawback.
              You ever pick one up?

The BlueBox has a huge advantage. If USB audio class compliance were added to it…
              What product would compete with it?
              What product is as small, as light, and as powerful?

I get, “we didn’t design it to do that…”
              The reality is, “the street finds its own uses.”

Your customers (me included) are expressing a desire for a feature that has demonstrable value.

The product CAN do this.

It would even behoove me to PAY $100 for this specific upgrade (because it would still be cheaper, lighter, smaller, and integrated)…

I don’t WANT to have to do that, but it doesn’t seem 1010music WANTS to do this…

and that’s fair, you CAN’T do EVERY feature requested…
              I get that.

But I bet a LOT of people WOULD pay EXTRA for this…

Imagine someone sees me at the beach or in a forest with my rig making music…

When they ask “what’s that?”
              My answers could be:
              An Akai MPC Live (boat anchor) and a Tascam12…

A 1010music BlackBox, BlueBox, USB power, speaker, headphones, and midi controller. And because these all weigh less than an Akai MPC Live I decided to bring these things too…

Which answer do you think makes you the most money?

Because when people see stuff like this, their next thought is, “I gotta get me one of those…”

just something to consider…
              Last edited by MrEUser; 07-21-2021, 05:56 AM.

Comment

I love the stems recording, but I wish I could stream my jams with bluebox connected to my phone without having to lug around additional piece of gear

Comment

Until two days ago, never high on my priority list. However, the MPC just acquired the ability to use class-compliant USB audio interfaces, and now I find myself looking at the Bluebox and thinking how much of a game changer this would be for live mixing, and I'm fully in the other camp. I'd get a second one just for that.

Comment

• MrEUser
                    MrEUser commented
                    Editing a comment
                    100% agree with you.

• jayneural
                    jayneural commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, both M+ and MPC now accept external devices. So completing the setup with a Bluebox would be the ultimate digital link with the setup around it.

Could also be nice to see the ability to get audio through the USB-A host port like the MPC and M+ do.
                Working...
                X