No announcement yet.

Bluebox as a Audio Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rather like to have more sound shaping possibilities (compressor, sidechaining, creative performance effects etc.) instead of audio interface functionality. There are already thousands of audio interfaces suitable for every budget and demand around. The Bluebox shines in all kind of live and 2go scenarios where the internal sound recording is already sufficient.

Comment

MPC user here. Holy mfing smokes this would be such a game changer for me, getting all those extra inputs. Im thinking about (sadly) selling my bluebox and getting a zoom recording mixer or tascam and hoping it fits on my table. I know this is such a longshot at this point, but it would make the 1010 bluebox basically untouchable IMO.

Comment

Can anyone from 1010 confirm whether it's actually possible? Realise you're not working on it currently but just like to know whether it's feasible at all?

Comment

Originally posted by james948 View Post
          Can anyone from 1010 confirm whether it's actually possible? Realise you're not working on it currently but just like to know whether it's feasible at all?
          I think that you will get crickets on this question from anyone at1010. If they admit that it is actually possible, then everyone on the forum will be screaming "why can't you add audio interface functionality, then?!!" I think the main issue is that the Bluebox is not using a standard platform/OS. It is custom built embedded software from the ground up. Integrating with Midi is one thing, but class-compliant audio streaming to different operating systems is an entirely different ball game. I don't see this EVER becoming a feature on the Bluebox. It is a great box as is and only getting better.

Comment

• MrEUser
            MrEUser commented
            Editing a comment
            Granted I'm only a Solutions Architect, but "class-compliant" is the giveaway that there are.... standards. In order to be class-compliant you must meet the "standard." And since there are standards that means that you can build a system that meets them. OS is irrelevant. Yes, it won't be easy, but how do you think they achieve compliance with the MIDI standard on a non standard OS? They built it.

Yes another vote for class compliant audio in and out

Comment

I'll add that the Akai Force just got similar capabilities as the MPC to work with audio interfaces. As others have noted, for those of us primarily working with synths to BlueBox is a great stereo mixer. It would be even more awesome of it could be used as an audio interface!

Comment

Originally posted by sydilaxe View Post

I think that you will get crickets on this question from anyone at1010. If they admit that it is actually possible, then everyone on the forum will be screaming "why can't you add audio interface functionality, then?!!" I think the main issue is that the Bluebox is not using a standard platform/OS. It is custom built embedded software from the ground up. Integrating with Midi is one thing, but class-compliant audio streaming to different operating systems is an entirely different ball game. I don't see this EVER becoming a feature on the Bluebox. It is a great box as is and only getting better.
              Considering the OP-Z, OP-1, and the M8 Dirtywave can all handle this, I don't think the embedded software/hardware is the issue here. The M8 is running on teensy 4 and supports bidirectional class-compliant usb audio and midi.

Comment

Originally posted by awilduserappears View Post

Considering the OP-Z, OP-1, and the M8 Dirtywave can all handle this, I don't think the embedded software/hardware is the issue here. The M8 is running on teensy 4 and supports bidirectional class-compliant usb audio and midi.
                I think it all boils down to company vision of product. I am sure that Aaron and the team could build class compliant libraries and engineer this with enough time and resources; however, this may not align with what they want the product to be. I am sure they hear the multitude of users asking for this functionality, but wishlists are just that, wishlists. If the developer decides that this isn't in the cards, then folks need to accept that and enjoy what the Bluebox is or buy another product that lines up with what they want.

Comment

Here is another vote for making the class compliant audio interface feature. There is no real alternative in this size on the market!

Comment

Another Vote for making this thing a audio interface. would help me a lot having a hybrid setup

Comment

+1 if it is possble <3

Comment

I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it gets audio interface functionality

Comment

+1 for me too!
                          I have an Akai Force which can now work with class Compliant USB Audio Interfaces.
                          It can utilize up to 32 audio inputs and outputs to-and-from FORCE. That would be the ultimate portable Home studio!

Comment

Just adding my support to the request for this feature.

Would be huge to just be able to plug the bluebox into my phone via usb and record videos with clean audio or livestream this way.

Hope it will be considered.

Comment

• jayneural
                              jayneural commented
                              Editing a comment
                              And MIDI !
                          Working...
                          X