Delete Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete Project

First post and first time 1010 product owner.
    First, Thank you 1010 for developing this unique concept for a mixer.
    'm sure there will be more updates along the way.
    Please correct me if PROJECT DELETE/CLEAR functionality has been added.
    I wanted to erase or delete some improvised test sessions from my first day of usage with Bluebox. There seems to be no erase /clear/delete/trash function for projects.

Please add this basic functionality ASAP.

Apologies if this has been addressed already

Waiting for this one over here too

Comment

You can delete the audio files from the EDIT > File menu. It is not the most convenient method, I understand. Currently, there is no Delete Project method but it has been requested. You'd be better finding that thread and upvoting. Starting a new thread only makes it harder for us to locate when we are looking. Thanks for posting.

Comment

You know what Steve, I think the functionality to delete a project is to be expected and not something users should be "voting" for. This is arrogant.

Comment

Originally posted by PermaLag View Post
          You know what Steve, I think the functionality to delete a project is to be expected and not something users should be "voting" for. This is arrogant.
          Sorry, you feel that way. If you would like to see that change, we offer the wish list to compile your suggestions.

Comment

+1 on this idea.
            p.s. Yikes, "This is arrogant" made me laugh. Mostly because I read the "This is arrogant" as "This [comment] is arrogant"...

Comment

Originally posted by PChamaeleoMH View Post
              +1 on this idea.
              p.s. Yikes, "This is arrogant" made me laugh. Mostly because I read the "This is arrogant" as "This [comment] is arrogant"...
              Yikes what? Policing the forums, are we? Why are you commenting on my opinion at all?

In my opinion it is arrogant to have a product with a project oriented workflow which forces users to simply accumulate projects over time, and pretend that being able to maintain a project portfolio in device is some sort of esoteric nice-to-have. Design wise and with regard to workflow it aligns with no practice I know of. 1010Music is busy pushing new products regardless, developed by the same team, so existing customers get to vote to have simple self evident functionality that should have been there in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by PermaLag View Post

Yikes what? Policing the forums, are we? Why are you commenting on my opinion at all?

(...)
                "Policing"? Just expressing my opinion, like you were, in a place where I can too... You've expanded on your opinion now, but I'd already got the gist, and I've (already) expressed my view.
                I'm glad that we can both express our opinions in this forum (without any law enforcement), and also that you now seem to have discovered for yourself why someone might want to comment on another forum user's opinion...
                p.s. "Yikes" is an exclamation that I often use when something makes me raise my eyebrows.
                Last edited by PChamaeleoMH; 06-01-2022, 06:08 AM. Reason: Added p.s.

Comment

There are always decisions to be made on every product - for every release. Unfortunately, the ones that seem so simple and straightforward are often never simple or straightforward to implement. To be transparent, we are a small team. Yes, we create new products because we will always create new products. That does not mean we ignore old products (as some have mentioned in this forum). Again, we are a small team. We prioritize our work based on what is in front of us. I can understand the frustration that users do not see what we see.

We encourage the wish list because when we DO return to a device we want to see that activity. Does that mean we will address or add everything that seems obvious to our users? No. It doesn't. Perhaps, this particular request is an easy one. However, we created a device that can record a 4-hour session. Yes, we made it a bit harder to delete your work. And considering you will likely remove that SD card to transfer or manage your projects, it should be an easy step to delete what you do not want - or transfer/backup. This is the built-in workflow that has existed since day 1. Actually, before day 1.

Better project management is on our radar for bluebox. But again, nothing is decided based on posts in the forum alone. There is a lot to consider when making modifications. Thanks for your passionate request. We hear you.

Comment

I wish I could like this post an infinite number of times. Please implement this feature

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      There are always decisions to be made on every product - for every release. Unfortunately, the ones that seem so simple and straightforward are often never simple or straightforward to implement. To be transparent, we are a small team. Yes, we create new products because we will always create new products. That does not mean we ignore old products (as some have mentioned in this forum). Again, we are a small team. We prioritize our work based on what is in front of us. I can understand the frustration that users do not see what we see.

We encourage the wish list because when we DO return to a device we want to see that activity. Does that mean we will address or add everything that seems obvious to our users? No. It doesn't. Perhaps, this particular request is an easy one. However, we created a device that can record a 4-hour session. Yes, we made it a bit harder to delete your work. And considering you will likely remove that SD card to transfer or manage your projects, it should be an easy step to delete what you do not want - or transfer/backup. This is the built-in workflow that has existed since day 1. Actually, before day 1.

Better project management is on our radar for bluebox. But again, nothing is decided based on posts in the forum alone. There is a lot to consider when making modifications. Thanks for your passionate request. We hear you.
                      Nicely formulated from Steve!

Comment

Working...
                      X