Side chain compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side chain compression

If we are to think of Bluebox as a way to come completely out of the DAW, a fundamental creative tool is sidechain compression for a classic pumping effect. we already have a powerful compressor.

I wonder if there are any plans for this? Sidechain compression plus a DJ filter on the master would be my absolute dream tools.

Comment

I sold a Behringer XR18 to buy the Bluebox, the only thing I miss from the XR18 is sidechain!

Comment

Originally posted by rev-eng View Post
        I sold a Behringer XR18 to buy the Bluebox, the only thing I miss from the XR18 is sidechain!
        EXACTLY this! My XR18 is still hanging around waiting to be sold once the Bluebox has sidechaining.

If MCU resources are a problem, maybe it would be sufficient to have this functionality on 6 channels or so?

Comment

I fake it by sending certain synths midi or cv LFOs to modulate their volume, but that uses up modulation sources and limits things rhythmically. Plus it's a faff!

Comment

Originally posted by rev-eng View Post
            I fake it by sending certain synths midi or cv LFOs to modulate their volume, but that uses up modulation sources and limits things rhythmically. Plus it's a faff!
            + MIDI modulation eats bandwidth which can make things unstable.

Comment

Yeah, I keep coming back to these forums waiting for an update that says that the next firmware will support sidechaining, it's a big wish I have too

Comment

I agree - In general, I think the bluebox is missing effects for live performance and studio mastering. Besides, some audio analysis tools.

Comment

Fully agree that both side-chaining and a mastering chain would be a must for this device.

Comment

Originally posted by Jörgen View Post
                    studio mastering
                    This is a very hard term. Mastering for the stage would be interesting indeed. The compressor and EQ are already great for this actually, there's just some saturation and a limiter missing. But mastering for a studio release is totally out of reach for a $600 box.

Comment

Working...
                    X