Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MIDI recording/sequencing on the Bluebox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIDI recording/sequencing on the Bluebox?

I’d love to see MIDI recording and sequencing. With the RK-008 on the way, there is a market for it for sure. I don’t think it really needs to be a whole extra box … but I’m just dreaming here.

There's already a product available for this: blackbox

Comment

As the bluebox is more of a device for tracking music … it would be cool to include MIDI tracks as well. If they already have the code, why not port it over in some minimal capacity?

Comment

Originally posted by Distropolis View Post
        As the bluebox is more of a device for tracking music … it would be cool to include MIDI tracks as well. If they already have the code, why not port it over in some minimal capacity?
        This does not make any sense if they already have a product that covers that base. The Bluebox is a mixer/recorder not a sequencing station/DAW.

Comment

I get that for sure. But there is already crossover in their products (FX/compression/form factor/UI). The Blackbox is a sampler with additional sequencing capabilities. Why can’t the Bluebox be a mixer with addition sequencing capabilities?

Comment

I get that for sure. But there is already crossover in their products (FX/compression/form factor/UI). The Blackbox is a sampler with additional sequencing capabilities. Why can’t the Bluebox be a mixer with addition sequencing capabilities?
            I imagine it could, but that might not line up with what 1010 envisions the product to be. Personally, I am very against adding any sequencing functionality to the Bluebox, as that would take CPU resources away from future functions that are more in line with the mixer/recorder functionality.

Comment

Why can’t the Bluebox ...
              In almost all cases, the answer is the bluebox (or our other products) could theoretically do what you ask. The real question is how do we prioritize the effort required to make the request a reality over all the other things under consideration.

By all means, if something is important to you, please make an impassioned request. If enough people join you, we just might do it.

Thanks for your support.

Comment

Thanks Aaron,

I have posted many feature requests here on the forum. I’m not sure if this is the place to lobby for them or if I should collect them and send them in directly.

I’m a little worried that if my interests don’t align with the prevailing will of the forum, I might not catch your ear.

Comment

First, thank you very much for making suggestions. We receive an overwhelming number of requests and regret how short we sometimes come in fulfilling them.

Posting requests here on the forum is your best bet. It will live on and be here when it comes time to review ideas for the next version. In deciding what to do next, popularity is a factor--but not the only consideration. We need to consider the vision of the product, how it relates to our other products, etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X