Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doomservice
    replied
    A very big +1 on this. The Bluebox is great but using the volume faders and effect sends knobs that I have set up on my controller could be so much more useful and improve my workflow a lot if adding this as an option. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• RafaelAhlskog
    replied
    I'm inclined to go with the suggestion from rev-eng above - log curves and max/min values. The point would be to have proper performance controls when using a MIDI controller. The closest thing I could say in terms of actual hardware would be along the lines of the volume faders on the Roland TR8 or such: the response is linear in perceived loudness as opposed to actual dB changes, and one can easily push it all the way to the top to get "back" to 0dB rather than fiddling to find the right spot. The same, as I mentioned initially, should preferably apply to effect send faders as well. Perhaps it could be implemented as an alternative "performance mode" for all controls that have dB response?

Leave a comment:

• Dymaxion
    commented on 's reply
    See the midi documentation supplement for the Allen & Heath SQ series.

• rev-eng
    replied
    The Keith Mcmillen Qunexus (and Quneo I think) allow user selectable response curves for the pressure sensitive pads plus min and max values. Logarithmic curves would probably work well for the Bluebox sliders I recon. See page 40 of the manual https://files.keithmcmillen.com › ...PDF QuNexus Reference Manual - Keith McMillen Instruments

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Thanks for the suggestion. We appreciate it. Can you suggest a DAW or hardware that has volume curves the way that you like them?

Leave a comment:

• rev-eng
    replied
    This would make the Bluebox so much more usable in a live situation

Leave a comment:

• 0101-Usr
    replied
    Sorry to heard that. There is another hardware solution which may be useful in may ways - MRCC. It's great when you use few input/output gears. It's possible there to change range of CC.

PS. You may check if any software editor was designed for your gears. None of my gears allow to do that from hardware side.

Leave a comment:

• RafaelAhlskog
    replied
    That actually sounds like a decent workaround - unfortunately none of my midi control hardware allows me to configure max and mins!

Leave a comment:

• 0101-Usr
    replied
    My solution (for nanoKontrol2) was set minimum and maximum value for CC value per slider (in korg configuration program). In that case when I slide top position it's 0db instead of above zero value.

Leave a comment:

• RafaelAhlskog
    started a topic Different response curves on faders?

Different response curves on faders?

The Bluebox has made my life so much easier, and I'm really eternally grateful for making a product that solves so many things in such a small form factor and at such a competitive price. There is really only one thing that could make it better (for me, that is), which is a different set of response curves for the faders. For example, the fact that the volume faders are linear (especially when being controlled by an external midi controller) make them react very much around 0dB and not much at all below, say, -10dB. Having a log-option would make the playability of them (especially in a live situation where hand movements might be more sloppy) much better, I think. Same goes for effect sends, of course - all of the audible range is essentially in the top quarter of the fader range at the moment, but a log-lin curve would fix that.
Working...
X