FXBox Algorithms Development?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FXBox Algorithms Development?

Hello all! I'm excited about the features within FXBox - it's sequenced effect changes, ease-of-use in live settings, etc. The hardware is capable of lush, vibrant effects (Black Hole DSP / Valhalla Reverbs) as well, but I've noticed that the algorithms are not up to that level. Is there any plan to push the quality of the fx within FXBox?

Thank you for your question. We have lots of ideas for fxbox and there are many more good ideas here on the forum. As far as plans, we are constantly evaluating what to do next and don't have anything ready to share regarding fxbox. If there is a particular algorithm you would like to see? please tell us about it.

Comment

Hi Aaron! I think what would excite me is having very lush, long, reverbs and delays. As mentioned in my prior message, the thing that makes Z-DSP and Black Hole DSP (Tiptop + Erica respectively), exciting...is the studio quality sound of their FX. If FXBox could also include presets that include Valhalla quality reverbs and delays, this would make the FXBox a defacto level-up from your competitors in this area. Again, just my opinion! But, that's what I'm hoping for moving forward. I know that Erica is moving forward with their DSP 2 with more control over their FX, but I think they're using the same chip as the first one. So, again, the FXBox has more potential than what is currently being harnessed in the FX realm. Looking forward to the future!

Comment

Bought a bit box tried the Fxbox, now I dont want to switch back I really like the Fxbox but I agree that the algos could be improved over time and I like to be able to trigger the sequencer so it dont run along the clock but only advances when it receives a trig/gate

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback!

Comment

I agree, need some more love on the FxBox. It has huge potential and I think really needs revisited. I had very high expectations and got sidetracked with BitBox/Synthbox....a lot of updates and features in those two that might be worthy of implementing in FxBox and revisiting.

Comment

I also like the FxBox very much and use it often. I would realy like an improved and more adjustable Delay and a bit better sounding reverb.

Perhaps one or two additional FX, the so called "Spiral-FX" for example would be good.

Comment

Happy to hear that others see the same room for improvement here. Although, I think we also all agree that what is there is exciting and has potential! I'm already using mine in productions.

Comment

I agree with all the above. This whole thread should be listed in "Wishlist", but now that it's here: I love the FX box, I converted my Bitbox into one & so far I am convinced. But my god, what is with the reverb? It sounds digital, harsh and the predelay control barely does anything (I can't predelay my verbed percussive sound out of transient mush). I don't mean to rant, but it is true that the hardware seems capable of better... Why not leave the opportunity to load new algos into the micro-SD, in the way of the zDSP? That would be great! The reverb is not the only effect that could benefit from un upgrade. On the upside, the Freeze is wicked, so is the Loop and the reverse ^^

Comment

The main thing I would really like, is to be able to choose which of the effects to load into each cell. I use the filter, delay, reverb, loop and reverse much more than the others, and it would be great to have multiples of these effects with different settings.

Comment

↑↑↑ yes. ↑↑↑

Comment

Working...
                      X