Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fxbox 2.0 discussion

Download the new beta here.

Share your thoughts in this thread. Thank you very much.

The Distortion is Awesome! I love being able to use two and additionally two filters to dial in a distortion tone....So much better than the compressed only version.
    I'd like to see some specific tone for the distortion, maybe specific filter, color tone knob, adjustable compression, etc...very much like having this now working.
    The different chains and re-arrangements, and ability to use two of the same effects!!! This totally makes the FxBox awesome!
    I see the input 1/2 can be modified enabled/disabled, but can there be input to output routing like 4 separate mono?

I was thinking it would be cool to have output 1 and output 2 be mono switched outputs.
    Like being able to trigger/switch the Chain A output to 1 for one external path, then trigger/switch again to change it to output 2.
    Like a real A/B switch.

The AB is cool, and CV inputs I love seeing more (more, more, more! haha).
    I'd like to see all the parameters have sync options like Flanger, Phaser, and Pan.

I have never used MIDI with, but made me wonder if CC could be assigned as a parameter source?
    Seems this might be cool to have.

Thank you for updating!
    Keep the updates and you will force me to have to go buy a separate BitBox, and possibly SynthBox now!

-s

Comment

Sephult,

Thanks for taking the time to evaluate the new firmware and offer these suggestions. We will make them part of our discussion for next time.

Comment

We have learned that there are some issues with using old presets with the fxbox 2.0 beta. We will get it fixed soon. In the mean time, please use new presets to try out the new features.

Comment

Apologies if im being dumb but I have my Bitbox flipped in my rack. I loaded the new FXBOX beta but cant see how to flip the UI? Can you assist pls?

Never mind, I found that I needed to long press. Thx
          Last edited by Brister13; 08-20-2018, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brister13 View Post
            Apologies if im being dumb but I have my Bitbox flipped in my rack. I loaded the new FXBOX beta but cant see how to flip the UI? Can you assist pls?

Never mind, I found that I needed to long press. Thx
            Since FXBox uses the Home button for muting, you have to do something slightly different to get the settings screen:
            1. Press and hold the HOME button until the Main/Settings menu is displayed.
            2. Press Settings.
            3. Turn the knob next to Flip UI.
            4. Press Home until you are back to the main grid.

Comment

Originally posted by sephult View Post
              The Distortion is Awesome! I love being able to use two and additionally two filters to dial in a distortion tone....So much better than the compressed only version.
              was there an update to the distortion algorithms as well?

Comment

Originally posted by digitalohm View Post

was there an update to the distortion algorithms as well?
                No, the distortion is the same. Sephult is enjoying the ability to combine it with other elements and take it to the next level as a group.

Comment

• sephult
                  sephult commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maybe I am confused, but I remember the Distortion in previous version as having a really hard compression...as you turned the distortion up...the compression just brought the level down a ton.....I'll revisit but I swore I had it crunching and blaring like I was expecting. No additional parameters, but curious if the limiting or compression was modified. Maybe it was the chain that I was using, but I am pretty sure it was fixed compared to older version (no changes besides output).

can a single stereo input using both L/R go through separate chains out 2 sets of stereo outputs?

Comment

Originally posted by digitalohm View Post
                  can a single stereo input using both L/R go through separate chains out 2 sets of stereo outputs?
                  Yes, you can route the same stereo signal to both chains.

Comment

Thanks for restoring the X/Y pad! That is one of my favourite features of the module.

This new update has really opened up the possibilities for sound design. I'm really digging it!

Definitely lose the compressor on Chain A, though. I'd much prefer both chains to behave identically.

Comment

I haven't used any FXBox software until tonight when I installed the 2.03 (?) Beta version.
                      I really like all of the algorithms actually but especially the Pitch, Delay, Chorus and Rverse.
                      Wouldn't mind the Distortion being a little more hard-core like a Geiger Counter or Plague Bearer if I could wish for more.
                      Regardless, fantastic work! - OMG The XY PAD functionality is killer!
                      Last edited by Tonefloat01; 09-10-2018, 09:31 PM. Reason: just tried out the XY PAD

Comment

Is there a new manual for fxbox 2?

Comment

We just started using the fxbox and after updating to 2.0.3, noticed some problems.
                          -Triggering pads by MIDI note input no longer works except for the lower right PLAY pad
                          -GlobalMIDI channel in Settings has no effect; MIDI responds on Channel 10 regardless of setting.

(These seem like big oversights and it would be great to get a hotfix)

Some improvement requests that would mean a lot to us are:
                          -Have a mode to toggle an effect on/off by pad tap or MIDI note. Right now the effect is only on as long as you hold the pad or it latches on without the option to latch it off.
                          -Be able to save the Bypass Mode state in the preset. This could possibly substitute for the toggle feature because you could save them in Trigger: On and toggle them with Bypass.
                          -Be able to load presets with MIDI Program Change messages
                          -It could be nice to have something under the INFO for the EXT pads. Perhaps an Amount% multiplier

Is there any possibility to tweak and build our own firmware? This would really open up the possibilities.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X