Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to trigger on/off some effects via midi (toggle)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to trigger on/off some effects via midi (toggle)

hi, I want to send a CC or note on, to an fx and have it stay on until note off or CC, is this possible and how?

Thanks for your kind help

Have you tried the method described in the user manual on pages 4 and 5? There are both MIDI and CV ways to do this described there. The manual includes the mapping of cells to MIDI notes on channel 10.

here’s a link to the manual: https://1010music.com/fxbox-documentation

Comment

Thanks for the reply, will try it tonight.

Is the FXBox restricted to midi channel 10? And why ?

Most humans on this planet agree that midi channel 10 is typically reserved for drums. So having FXBox limited to channel 10 forces us to re-assign all other midi drums to something non-standard.

Assigning a global midi channel is kinda basic midi stuff and I’m shocked that a product so advanced technologically would choose not to have this.

Last edited by orbiter; 05-07-2018, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Hi Orbiter,
        i believe it is limited to channel 10. Aaron will have to explain his reasoning. He is on his way back from Superbooth in Berlin today, so it will take a little longer for him to reply. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Thanks for all your help Christine (and your patience with me)

how can I delete my other (same) post here?

Comment

• Christine
            Christine commented
            Editing a comment
            If you click on Edit in the line at the bottom right of the post, there will be an option to delete.

Orbiter,

Thanks for asking.

I don't have a good reason for you regarding channel 10. I agree that being able to change it is an important feature. It is on our todo list.

Comment

Aaron I do want to thank you for all the efforts in maintaining all this. I understand how demanding all this must be and hope to shake your hand someday.

BTW Christine is awesome! Time for a raise...

Comment

You’re too kind. Glad to help.

Comment

Working...
              X