Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to trigger on/off some effects via midi (toggle)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christine
    replied
    You’re too kind. Glad to help.

Leave a comment:

• orbiter
    replied
    Aaron I do want to thank you for all the efforts in maintaining all this. I understand how demanding all this must be and hope to shake your hand someday.

BTW Christine is awesome! Time for a raise...

Leave a comment:

• Christine
    commented on 's reply
    If you click on Edit in the line at the bottom right of the post, there will be an option to delete.

• Aaron
    replied
    Orbiter,

Thanks for asking.

I don't have a good reason for you regarding channel 10. I agree that being able to change it is an important feature. It is on our todo list.

Leave a comment:

• orbiter
    replied
    Thanks for all your help Christine (and your patience with me)

how can I delete my other (same) post here?

Leave a comment:

• Christine
    replied
    Hi Orbiter,
    i believe it is limited to channel 10. Aaron will have to explain his reasoning. He is on his way back from Superbooth in Berlin today, so it will take a little longer for him to reply. Thanks for your patience.

Leave a comment:

• orbiter
    replied
    Thanks for the reply, will try it tonight.

Is the FXBox restricted to midi channel 10? And why ?

Most humans on this planet agree that midi channel 10 is typically reserved for drums. So having FXBox limited to channel 10 forces us to re-assign all other midi drums to something non-standard.

Assigning a global midi channel is kinda basic midi stuff and I’m shocked that a product so advanced technologically would choose not to have this.

Last edited by orbiter; 05-07-2018, 04:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Christine
    replied
    Have you tried the method described in the user manual on pages 4 and 5? There are both MIDI and CV ways to do this described there. The manual includes the mapping of cells to MIDI notes on channel 10.

here’s a link to the manual: https://1010music.com/fxbox-documentation

Leave a comment:

• orbiter
    started a topic Want to trigger on/off some effects via midi (toggle)

Want to trigger on/off some effects via midi (toggle)

hi, I want to send a CC or note on, to an fx and have it stay on until note off or CC, is this possible and how?

Thanks for your kind help
Working...
X