Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• color section

Hi,

could you explain how saturation and color work? The manual does not explain it in detail.
    • According to what I know, to have a white color the 3 RGB channels should output 5V. I can' t find the position of the color parameter where the output is white.
    • If I set the saturation to zero all the RGB outputs are ca + 2.5V ... why?
    • Is there a parameter that allows you to set all RGB outputs to 0V? This would be important to be able to blank out some parts of the waveform.

The COL section works two ways:
    1) For internally generated patterns, the Hue sets the reference color on the color wheel. The saturation controls the intensity of the color from 0% (all white) to 100% (pure color). The rate, amount, and waveform let you modulate this color.
    2) For WAV file playback, COL does nothing. The color output comes from the 5-channels of the WAV file.

I hope this helps,

Comment

Thanks, Aaron

please look at this video:

Like I said in the first post if I turn down the saturation to 0% all the RGB values are +2.5V (look at the Mordax Data) ... that's not white on my laser.

Comment

Hi Aaron,

I have found the problem ... it was the cyclops module. There was a loose contact on the ILDA connector. Reflowed the connector and now it's working.

Comment

Glad to hear it.

Comment

Hi Aaron,

do you think it would possible to modify the behavior of the saturation parameter? I measured the voltages at which the different colors light up on my cheap laserworld laser:
            Red: on at 1.9V
            Green: on at 2.5V
            Blue: on at 1V
            I think this is why I can't get a pure white with 2.5V on the RGB channels. If with the saturation parameter set to 0% laserbox would output 5V on all RGB channels we could have a white color at full brightness.

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by akirasrebirth View Post
              Hi Aaron,

do you think it would possible to modify the behavior of the saturation parameter? I measured the voltages at which the different colors light up on my cheap laserworld laser:
              I think this is why I can't get a pure white with 2.5V on the RGB channels. If with the saturation parameter set to 0% laserbox would output 5V on all RGB channels we could have a white color at full brightness.

thanks!
              Let me encourage you to try and solve this with some kind of external buffer or attentuator. I don't see us making a change like this in the immediate future.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                The COL section works two ways:
                1) For internally generated patterns, the Hue sets the reference color on the color wheel. The saturation controls the intensity of the color from 0% (all white) to 100% (pure color). The rate, amount, and waveform let you modulate this color xender discord omegle.
                2) For WAV file playback, COL does nothing. The color output comes from the 5-channels of the WAV file.

I hope this helps,
                with 2.5V on the RGB channels. If with the saturation parameter set to 0% laserbox would color at full brightness. yes..
                Last edited by rakivilsov; 08-22-2019, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by akirasrebirth View Post

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                  Let me encourage you to try and solve this with some kind of external buffer or attentuator. I don't see us making a change like this in the immediate future.
                  I had a similar issue with my X-Laser Sapphire RGB. Try using trimpots on your Cyclops for each of the RGB channels. The Thonk tall trimmer pots (Song Huei RK0904N 100k linear pots) that LZX used are alleged to be linear, but I couldn't find a datasheet showing the curves. I'd start around 40% red, 50% green, and 25% blue.

Comment

Working...
                  X