Are the audio artifacts normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the audio artifacts normal?

On the fireball, when any sound or series of sounds are fully completed (ie release and delay fully subside) I am hearing an audible audio pop as the sound dissipates. Seems to be independent of octave. This happens with every preset, including ones I made. It seems to be independent of headphones, speakers, line input, all that.

I am on the 1.0.10 firmware, but it happened before I updated as well.

It even happens at a volume of 0.1%

Is anybody experiencing this? Is it normal behavior or some sort of issue?

Thought it was fair to update this: I found one piece of hardware I own that doesn't exhibit the popping noise. What this tells me is that some attenuation might be necessary for some hardware, especially for headphones, since lowering the volume alone wasn't enough to use them. Which directly contradicts a thread I found over in lemondrop support about plugging headphones directly into line out. (Wasn't sure if it's common practice to cross copy forum links here in 1010 so I haven't done so.)

I will write again after I test attenuation. Or if a mod would rather delete this or close it or whatever I'm cool with that. Better than a forum based soliloquy.

Comment

And the soliloquy goes on.

Good news, I found an in line 3.5mm attenuator (won't link the product here because it isn't a 1010 product and I don't know if that's cool in these forums) and now sound is fine! The one I'm using is rated for about 16dB reduction, I believe, and I can pretty much use volume range of at least 25-30% (to be audible to my decent ears) through about 90%. Clipping resumes hovering around 95% thus far in my testing with some preset patches.

Anyway, I guess that's that. Thanks for reading this. The fireball is a GREAT synth so far, and I'm glad to have found a way to make it work.

P.S. If a mod-ish typeperson responds telling me it's cool to post that attenuator I found/used, I will.

Comment

Originally posted by doyoufeelitmrkrabs? View Post
        And the soliloquy goes on.

Good news, I found an in line 3.5mm attenuator (won't link the product here because it isn't a 1010 product and I don't know if that's cool in these forums) and now sound is fine! The one I'm using is rated for about 16dB reduction, I believe, and I can pretty much use volume range of at least 25-30% (to be audible to my decent ears) through about 90%. Clipping resumes hovering around 95% thus far in my testing with some preset patches.

Anyway, I guess that's that. Thanks for reading this. The fireball is a GREAT synth so far, and I'm glad to have found a way to make it work.

P.S. If a mod-ish typeperson responds telling me it's cool to post that attenuator I found/used, I will.
        Link away! We won't endorse it, but hey, if it helps you and helps other people, that's great!

Thanks for the update, and thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Working...
        X