MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE)

Quite a few MIDI controllers and DAWs support MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE). So do the ASM Hydrasynth and Modal Electronics Skupt, Argon8 and Cobalt8. It would be nice if the Fireball (and Lemondrop) supported MPE as well.

Plus 1.
    I'm using the Fireball with an MPC and I automatically assumed I could set Aftertouch as a modulation source. I couldn't...

EDIT: Pressure is available in the latest beta...
    Last edited by Autogeddon; 02-10-2022, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Mono and poly aftertouch should be available with the latest update. If it's not working for you, please let us know & let us know what hardware you're using.

Thanks!

Comment

• Seteef
        Seteef commented
        Editing a comment
        Any tips on setting up? Is there an MPE setting I have to select on the Lemondrop? I can't see one, or find it mentioned in the manual. But maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. I have a Roli Seaboard, and the Lemondrop's potential with Poly aftertouch and other MPE parameters is endless. Looking forward to trying it out, but need some guidance.

Yes, please add full MPE support to these boxes. there are an increasing number of MPE synths coming out and lack of MPE support makes the firebox and lemondrop not work well with them

Comment

Another fireball owner chiming in to say this would be nice if possible. Similar to poly pressure.

Not sure if the hardware specs are powerful enough to support it - but this basically amounts to something like control channels per note.

Basic idea of MPE is to use all 16 channels and route a new channel per note played - so modulators that control the entire channel like pitch bend can now be played per note.

Midi association has now officially adopted MPE to help accelerate developer projects:

https://cdm.link/2022/05/midi-polyph...documentation/
        https://www.synthtopia.com/content/2...rate-adoption/

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
        X