Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• numerous improvements I'd like to see for Fireball

Hi 1010 Folk!

I have been using the Fireball for a couple of weeks now, and have noted a number of things I think would make it much more usable:
    1. LFOs:
      • add ability to choose starting 'degree' setting for phase
      • make the lower end much slower, e.g. .01Hz
    2. Envelopes:
      • add looping option
    3. Wavetable sweep behavior:
      • This is honestly more a bug: I note especially with slow LFO sweeps, regardless of initial Position setting, that the sweep 'hangs' for a while on either end of the wavetable. This behavior does not conform to what I'd expect sweeping with a triangle wave, as the trip back across the wavetable should be immediate.
    4. Wavetable selection:
      • faster load time
      • ability to live scroll and load wavetables using range knob when on the Wavetable name item in the wavetable edit menu (instead of it just being informational)

I agree we need a quicker way to cycle between wavetables. it can be quiet cumbersome to choose or change one for a patch having to select blindly from a touchscreen menu every time

Comment

Originally posted by tonverfall View Post
      [*]Wavetable sweep behavior:
      • This is honestly more a bug: I note especially with slow LFO sweeps, regardless of initial Position setting, that the sweep 'hangs' for a while on either end of the wavetable. This behavior does not conform to what I'd expect sweeping with a triangle wave, as the trip back across the wavetable should be immediate.
      It sounds like you are overdriving the wavetable position. Dial back the LFO modulation amount so that the full range of the sweep just barely reaches the ends of the wavetable. Try an amount of 50%.

Comment

• tonverfall
        tonverfall commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Aaron - this behavior strikes me as a bit counterintuitive compared to other wavetable synths I use, but it works. Thanks for the tip!
    Working...
    X