This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemondrop accidentally plays backwards

I was just playing around as I saw (and heard) that I could trigger the sample to play backwards. Or say the granular window was moving backwards. Usually when playing low notes and then quick (stakkato?) play a high not afterwards.

I checked and was in the Forward Play Mode. I think I happened when the window was on the very left position and somehow wrapped around to the end (due to jitter?) and then the new note was triggered.

I captured it on video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4vXrc5WaQs

At some point it stopped doing it (I tested on the same sample/OSC but not sure what stupid things I did in between)

I also noticed that I got a note that was droning flip to playing backwards even though it's set to forward loop. Not really sure was happening when it flipped around, but I set it to bi-direct, flipped it back around, then reset it to forward and it was all good.

Comment

Ok, so more notes on the playing backwards issue...

I found a patch that I made in which playing two notes at once causes the second sample to suddenly switch to playing in reverse. What's really interesting is that it only happens when I'm playing exactly 2 voices; single note, three, or four notes at once and the sample plays forwards. As soon as I'm playing 2 notes, it's going backwards.

It does it every time. I tried making another patch with similar settings but different samples and it worked properly.

Comment

• Steve
        Steve commented
        Editing a comment
        please send that preset to [email protected] Also send/show all of your settings for both OSC. thank you.

Originally posted by fruitsnake View Post
      Ok, so more notes on the playing backwards issue...

I found a patch that I made in which playing two notes at once causes the second sample to suddenly switch to playing in reverse. What's really interesting is that it only happens when I'm playing exactly 2 voices; single note, three, or four notes at once and the sample plays forwards. As soon as I'm playing 2 notes, it's going backwards.

It does it every time. I tried making another patch with similar settings but different samples and it worked properly.
      kind of makes you want there to be a standard backwards play in the loop mode so you can have same file but reversed on OSC2 ?

Comment

Same experience here. It seems not to be consistent though, I have never been able to replicate it at will.

Comment

Same here: The first note is played forward, the second one played backwards (starting at the end of the sample), firmware 1.1.2.

If I use Play Mode "Moving"/Loop Mode "none", the first note moves, the second one doesn't.

The firmwares after 1.0.1 are seriously broken ...

Comment

Went back to firmware 1.0.1 again – everything works fine ...

Comment

I also have this issue in firmware 1.1.2

clearly a bug. I captured a video of the screen if that is helpful?

edit: restarted the lemondrop and issue was gone.
              Last edited by Dhunterrr; 04-07-2022, 01:58 AM.

Comment

I also ran into this problem recently, will seemingly play the sample backwards randomly. I've disabled all LFOs and anything else I can think of, and sometimes, even on back to back notes (same note) the sample will play backwards. Seems to happen more frequently with live input.

If I use a patch that works fine and switch one of the oscillators to live input, the problem arises, but isn't consistent.

Has anybody figured it out?

Comment

Originally posted by ki_cz3d View Post
                  I also ran into this problem recently, will seemingly play the sample backwards randomly. I've disabled all LFOs and anything else I can think of, and sometimes, even on back to back notes (same note) the sample will play backwards. Seems to happen more frequently with live input.

If I use a patch that works fine and switch one of the oscillators to live input, the problem arises, but isn't consistent.

Has anybody figured it out?
                  Yes. It's a bug. We know and it is in our database. Thank you for reporting.

Comment

Working...
                  X