Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

User Manual: Early look at Voice Architecture Diagram for Control Mode = Per Voice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Manual: Early look at Voice Architecture Diagram for Control Mode = Per Voice

I'm working on the Synthbox User Manual. The linked file is the Voice Architecture diagram for when Synthbox is set for Control Mode of Per Voice. I welcome any feedback on it. I'm working on the diagram for Control Mode = Global and will share when its ready.

Also, if there's anything in particular you want to see covered in the manual, let me know.
    I’m working on the Synthbox User Manual. I just finished the  Voice Architecture Diagram for when Synthbox is in Control Mode = Per Voice.  Take a look and let me know what you think by sharing your thoughts on the forum.

Looks great, Christine! You have some nice design skills.

Regarding the manual, if you could please include details about loading user wavetables (what size & bit rate, etc) that would be great, as I noticed a thread inquiring about that here the other day.

I have also done some copywriting and proofreading in the past, so I'd be happy to go over the first draft and offer some feedback when you have it ready.

Comment

• Christine
      Christine commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the feedback. I will add the details about loading user wavetables into the User Manual. I have been mining the forum for ideas about what to include. :-)

Thanks for the offer of proofreading. I will take you up on that offer.

Here are some small refinements to the Per Voice Mode diagram.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SynthboxArchitecture - Per Voice.png
Views:	4
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	315

Comment

I was just going to post regarding this particular subject. Maybe I should post this in the wishlist thread but wanted to confirm. It appears that in per voice mode the module only outputs (2) stereo channels, is this the case? If so, would it be possible to allow for (4) mono outputs with (4) individual assignable waveforms?

Comment

• Christine
        Christine commented
        Editing a comment
        dexter, go to the Global Settings screen (Press home, then touch Settings). Set the Out Mode to Voice x 4. Each voice will now play through a separate channel through the 4 output jacks. Is that what you are looking for?
        I just made changes to the diagram tonight to show that Out Mode is independent of Control Mode. I still need to make some more updates before I post it.

Hi Christine,
      Thanks for the reply. Your note addresses my questions in part. I think I can gather from the diagram that the other part of my question is not a current feature. This would be the ability to assign 4 custom (mono) waveforms (or four individual / separate voices) to each of the four individual mono outputs . If this is not currently possible and seems like it could be a possibility please let me know and I can move this over to the wishlist. Thanks again for your help and willingness to consider consumer feedback.

Comment

Aaron is going to have to be the one to answer about feasibility but it's not currently possible to assign different waveforms to each voice. Could you get three voices if you used wavetable1 for the first, wavetable 2 for the second and the Oscillator for the third and then used modulators in per voice mode and Voice x4 Out Mode to only turn on one of these wave forms for each voice?

Comment

Here's another update. I will also post a separate pair of diagrams for the Output Engine.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	SynthboxArchitecture - Per Voice.png
Views:	4
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	361

Comment

Working...
          X