Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• global versus 4-voice - modulation attributions

Hi,
    In the manual, I read that in 4-voice mode all external inputs can be used to modulate different voice parameters.
    Would like to know how to attribute different external modulations per voice, is this possible please?
    For example:
    voice1:ext1>modulate filter1 frequency
    voice2:ext1>modulate filter2 resonance
    etc...

Pascalm,

If you are in 4-voice mode, the EXT inputs will affect each of the 4 voices the same way. What you are asking is currently not possible. We will keep it in mind.

Take care,

Aaron

Comment

Hi Aaron,
      Any chance this gets into an upcoming update please?
      Would be nice to see some extra features for the Synthbox as well, as our beloved Bitbox has it's 2.0 now
      Best,
      Pascal

Comment

I bought a synthbox because of the specs, but the 'per voice' specs can lead to confusion as I supposed there were 4 separate engines in the 4-voice mode...current specs are:
        - CV controllable with pitch, gate, and 3 assignable modulators 'per voice'
        - 2 filters, 2 envelopes, 2 LFOS, and a step sequencer 'per voice'

I hope the full specs will be there in a future update

Comment

this baby needs some attention, please vote it up

Comment

Thanks for keeping this alive. How many concurrent modulators do you need?

You could always assign all three modulators and only use them as needed. For example, only use EXT1 on voice 1, EXT2 on voice 2, etc. This would go part way to what you are asking.

Comment

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for responding. The way you describe it only permits 3 parameters to alter.
              I would like to attribute the 3 external inputs for each voice independently. For example: if I want to modulate the WPos for each voice separately, I would already need 4 independant inputs...
              Is it difficult/possible to reprogram the synthbox to make it a real 4-voice engine please?

Would also be glad if the wavetable (WSel) would be possible to modulate externally, but that's another step ahead of course
              Just would like to make it a E-352compatible and even Ueber-device

Thanks for your efforts!

Best,
              Pascal
              Last edited by pascalm; 04-03-2018, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pascalm View Post
                The way you describe it only permits 3 parameters to alter.
                I would like to attribute the 3 external inputs for each voice independently. For example: if I want to modulate the WPos for each voice separately, I would already need 4 independant inputs...
                I get that you want completely independent inputs per voice. However, in your example, you do have separate control of WPos per voice--they just share the same amount setting. Is that a problem of some kind?

What you are requesting is certainly possible, but it seems like it would complicate the user interface. Let me know if I am missing something.

Comment

That's true, but as you indicate, working like this will always mean that these inputs share some settings...

For the user interface, wouldn't it be possible to add a voice selector on the wavetable page as soon as per voice mode is used? There is a free button in the top row second from left (next to the screen icon)..it could allow stepping through the voices V1, V2, V3 and V4..

Presets with separate voice settings enabled could be saved as Namexx_4V to indicate that there are specific settings for the per voice mode...

The per voice mode like this could then maybe also allow choosing different wavetables per voice, this would create an 8 wavetable engine with easy morphing between voices via all kinds of external controls...(3x4 inputs, or even 5x4inputs if the pitch and gate inputs could be changed and used as pure CV-inputs...)

Not even talked about using the analog inputs to allow FM or other crazy modulation stuff...or wavetables modulating eachother in unexpected ways, but that requires much more processing power I assume.

Wishful thinking of course...

Comment

Forgot to mention that 1010music is one of those rare companies that really listen and talk to their customers, this is very much appreciated, thanks

Comment

Nothing new for the synthbox coming up please?

Comment

Hi Pascalm,
                        We appreciate your enthusiasm. Please keep in mind that we are a very small team and are working hard to balance development of new products with enhancements of all of our existing products all while promoting the products at trade shows. Your requests will be considered when we look at the next round of enhancements for synthbox. Thank you for your patience.
                        Regards,
                        Christine

Comment

Working...
                        X