All sounds are distorting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All sounds are distorting?

Brand new box here. All presets are somehow internally overloading. (I have double checked that overload is not anywhere else. And it is not the distortion fx.)
    It sounds like everything is running through an overdrive pedal. It is actually not a bad sound, but surely there must be something wrong??

The audio levels out of the Blackbox are a bit hotter than line level. If you are using the Headphone output, turn it down to around 80%.

Comment

Not Blackbox. Synthbox. That is why I wrote in the Synthbox support forum. I am running it on Bitbox hardware, but should be the same on all Series 1 modules. Bitbox is running fine with no problems.

Comment

• Steve J
        Steve J commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the clarification. I answer so many blackbox questions I missed that detail.

And as I also said: I have double checked, and the overdrive definitely happens in the module.

Comment

I have installed Synthbox again, and now I discovered, that unchecking the compressor makes every preset distort a lot. With compressor on, all is fine.

Comment

• Steve J
          Steve J commented
          Editing a comment
          Which version of firmware? And which sounds? I have my compressor turned off, too. The Synthbox is considerably louder than every other module I own though mine is not distorting. If you can send more info I can look into this.

It is version 1.1.1

Comment

Working...
        X