(4) individual voice capability

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (4) individual voice capability

ability to assign 4 custom (mono) waveforms (or four individual / separate voices) to each of the four individual mono outputs .

You are at least the second person I've seen ask for this we will put it on the wish list.

Comment

Are you saying you want the same voice architecture with the ability to specify patches per voice? Or, are you asking for a quad VCO with custom wavetables? Maybe some kind of hybrid?

Thank you,

Aaron

Comment

A quad VCO with the capability to load custom wavetables would be ideal. If this is not possible, then some kind of hybrid would be nice as well.
        I am really enjoying the exploration of this module and its firmware variants!
        Thanks Aaron and Christine!

Comment

I was also thinking that being able to load 4 different wavetables into the existing architecture would be much easier and less processor hungry than doing a multiple synth engine version

Comment

I have a question about this. If you have 4 distinct waveforms, one for each voice, would you then want to have distinct settings for the effects and modulators per voice? Or would they share the same settings?

Comment

• Dan
              Dan commented
              Editing a comment
              Assuming separate VCA's and filters for each voice is a given, having distinct modulators would be preferable!
              I think the effects would be ok as ON in "Global" and OFF in "Per Voice" modes.

• Christine
              Christine commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks neuron divider for the feedback.

Originally posted by Christine View Post
            I have a question about this. If you have 4 distinct waveforms, one for each voice, would you then want to have distinct settings for the effects and modulators per voice? Or would they share the same settings?
            A distinct envelope/vca for each voice would be great. I would also like to have the option for 1v/oct cv control of each voice (and/or a distinct external CV modulation option per voice) I would consider any other fx a bonus, not a necessity, at least in my opinion at this point.
            Last edited by Dexter; 10-09-2017, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Christine
              Christine commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I 100pct want to know if u all can do this as well. I was surprised to know its not possible, but the module is still great. So here is how I was seeing it.
            technical, limitations aside...

4 totally independent voices with their own vca, envelopes, lfos, and effects or not effects. Effects are very low priority.
            each voice can have it's own full preset. Each one of these voices can be played, cv controlled, and outputted individually or via stereo mix out.
            perhaps they can also be used in chord mode! That could get interesting. So this way u can have bass lead, pluck, drone... Each doing a different phrase. Basically four totally different presets.. one per full voice.

Comment

yes, per voice mode made us hungry and asking for more

Comment

Any update on this request? Its a deal breaker for me. let me explain what I think is a common scenario. I have a small 3u rack and I need extra voices because I have a surfeit of pitch/cv pairs coming from a Synthstrom Deluge (think generic groove box), a Minibrute2S, and a midi2CV converter module. For my studio I use a Sequential Circuits polyphonic synth but for live I require more voices in my small rack to spice up the two boxes. I was hoping the Synthbox would provide 4 extra voices and manipulation but it ain't so :-( So I am back to looking at dual VCO/VCF/ADSR/VCA or a DPO or Sputnik. I do have a Plaits.
                So Synthbox could/should be an economical way of getting extra voices, even with limited functions as I can then pass them through FX after to vary the sounds etc.

SO any update on individual voices :-)

Comment

Hi all,

Making the synthbox support multiple timbres is a popular request and a substantial amount of work. We have this request on our list and don't have any plans ready to announce. Thanks for your support.

Comment

Working...
                  X