Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-sampling Drums

Hi,

I am looking at buying a MK2 and​​​​​​ was wondering if anyone has tried the mutli-sampling functionality yet, but in the sense of mapping multiple drum hits samples on one pad? I was hoping I could put several loop friendly 'drum rides' on one pad, and then change the loop (to a different ride sample) utilising a quantized CV signal from a sequencer?

I would also do similar with bass lines etc.

Also it is my understanding I could set up say one pad as multi-sampling, and perhaps other pads different such as clips, but within the same preset.

Many thanks for your help :-)

Keith
    Last edited by keef31; 08-30-2020, 10:25 AM.

I think many people do this workflow, but I haven't tried yet. I have set up a patch last night to do this with the Thonk Prok module, multisampling a sweep one of the axes using CV "pitch" but didn't have time to press record and see what happens. I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by rayultine View Post
      I think many people do this workflow, but I haven't tried yet. I have set up a patch last night to do this with the Thonk Prok module, multisampling a sweep one of the axes using CV "pitch" but didn't have time to press record and see what happens. I will let you know how it goes.
      Thanks Rayultine it would be great to hear how well it carries out this task. I was looking at the Rossum Electro Assimil8tor, as this does similar, allowing you to assign up to 8 samples to one channel and select them via CV. It's an expensive module, and I think the bitbox has a better looking UI, and with now filters per pad etc, that is super useful for me.

Comment

I use the Slicer for this. First, create a .wav file with multiple one shots or loops in it, then load it into the Slicer and slice it up appropriately.
        Then go to the "Pos" tab, touch one of the "Slice" modulation slots and assign your EXT1-8 CV source and set it 100% amount.
        If you want a slice to loop, go to the "Misc" tab and turn "Loop Mode" ON.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          I use the Slicer for this. First, create a .wav file with multiple one shots or loops in it, then load it into the Slicer and slice it up appropriately.
          Then go to the "Pos" tab, touch one of the "Slice" modulation slots and assign your EXT1-8 CV source and set it 100% amount.
          If you want a slice to loop, go to the "Misc" tab and turn "Loop Mode" ON.
          Thanks for your replies. From reading the new MKII manual it is my understanding that you do not need to do this now. Page 30 of the MKII manual states for Multi-samples that "you can map multiple waves across the keyboard. This can be useful if you have a folder full of drum sounds that you want to trigger". If this is correct, then we now do not need to "make a .wav first then slice" anymore :-)

I'm ideally wanting someone who has a bitbox MKII to confirm if this indeed working? As we all know there are often bugs, or I may have interpreted it wrong.

Thanks for your help

Comment

They both work. Loading a single wav file sliced into 50 different sections only counts as 1 against the total sample count. Loading a directory (as stated in the manual) is another great approach though loading 50 wav files in this method will count as 50 against the total sample count. Maximum 64 per pad or 80 per preset. Both work well and either might be better suited to a particular use case.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              They both work. Loading a single wav file sliced into 50 different sections only counts as 1 against the total sample count. Loading a directory (as stated in the manual) is another great approach though loading 50 wav files in this method will count as 50 against the total sample count. Maximum 64 per pad or 80 per preset. Both work well and either might be better suited to a particular use case.
              Thanks for confirming that Steve. That sounds excellent, I dont think I need to worry about the sample count, 80 per preset sounds plenty to me but good to know the work-around of slicing if you come across the maximum count.

Comment

• Steve
                Steve commented
                Editing a comment
                you'd be surprised how easy it is once you load up a bunch of multisamples and a folder of drums!
            Working...
            X