Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before I Buy....

Hey gang,

Was just wondering if anyone could answer a quick question or two before I buy a Bitbox v2 (and possibly sell my Squid Salmple).
    Here’s what I’d like to do, but am not sure if the BB can handle it...

I’m hoping to use it for 8 one-shot drum samples and 4 multi-sample sample-chains at the same time. The multi-samples are fairly large and have about 32 notes of around 10 seconds per note. I was imagining using 4 identical monophonic pads at the same time to create chords of the same instrument, or possibly a combination of instruments to create an ensemble.

Anyhow, would this work?
    Are there memory limitations that would get in the way?
    The slicing part seems simple enough, but do you find it easy to set it up so that a pitch CV addresses your sample slices?

Using 12 gate ins to trigger these samples and 4 pitch CV ins to control the slices I want play on the 4 sample-chains would still leave me 4 CV ins to modulate parameters with, correct?
    Hoping that the ADSR release time becomes a possible modulation destination in an update to add more variety.

Thanks for your help!

I guess I’m just going to get one and find out. Looks like it should be able to do all of this on paper, so we shall see.

Comment

Sorry for the slow response. One thing you will run into is a 80 sample maximum across one preset. You're over that with the above. You will need to slim down some of the 32 sample stacks to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
        Sorry for the slow response. One thing you will run into is a 80 sample maximum across one preset. You're over that with the above. You will need to slim down some of the 32 sample stacks to fit.
        Hi Aaron. No need to apologize at all! I thought maybe another forum member would reply. Didn’t expect a reply from the head honcho. Thank you!

Hmm... I thought that would be only 12 samples in total though. I’ve made the 4 multi-sampled instruments into long sample-chains to slice. Or does each slice count as a sample against the 80 sample max?
        Last edited by DirkWiggler; 12-09-2020, 02:08 AM.

Comment

The limit is based on the number of loaded WAV files. So, slicing a single file is a great work around.

We look forward to hearing what you can do with the micro.

Comment

Cool cool! Then I think this should work out just fine. Will post something once I get something cooking with it.

Comment

DirkWiggler Super cool! I would love to see this in action! This is sort of what I have in mind for the mk2 I'm getting. What sequencer(s) were you planning using for this concept?

Comment

muddy ranks Thanks! Sorry I didn’t see this earlier. I actually wound up getting the Micro and use it mostly for drum sample duties, but I’ve been thinking more and more about selling mine to fund a MK2 so I can do both drum and instrument sample triggering. Buuuut, for the self-generating patches I normally work with, which just use sample and held notes from Marbles through a Sinfonion (and no sequencer), I really need the ability to modulate the ADSR attack and release, so waiting to see if that ever gets implemented in an update. I do have some switches though to move from self-generating to more traditional sequencing via an Octatrack.

Comment

[QUOTE=DirkWiggler;n19190]Hey gang,

Hoping that the ADSR release time becomes a possible modulation destination in an update to add more variety.

Thanks for your help!

[/QUOTE

This!

Comment

Working...
                  X