Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overlapping sample releases in Poly mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    that is correct.

• magicuddin
    commented on 's reply
    Ok, I've finally gotten round to experimenting with multisample pads. The behaviour observe is the same as described previously. I conclude that if I use 1v/8va pitch control from my modular then pads are the dafcto monophonic. I would have to use midi to obtain the effect of a piano with depressed legato pedal...

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    Basically, yes. But the amount of pitch-bend is determined by the number of loaded samples. A keyboard can be replicated with 3-4 samples per octave, more or less. Not always the case.

That behavior sounds correct for the slicer and extended release times.

• magicuddin
    replied
    Hi,

I am triggering it from within my eurorack, e.g. with the burst output of the Wogglebug. And modulating pitch with CV out of Scales.

I have since figured out it must be bescause I am using 1V/Octave, which works by kind of detuning the whole sample rather than by playing a note...

Would that be right?

On the other hand, I have played with sliced samples and in that mode the previous slice still plays while the next one is triggered, as long as the release time is long enough...

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Hi

Can you tell me a bit more about your setup and how you are triggering the pad/wav in question?

Leave a comment:

• magicuddin
    started a topic Overlapping sample releases in Poly mode?

Overlapping sample releases in Poly mode?

Hello,

Just got the MK2 last night as a new addition to my modest eurorack setup.

I understand that the Poly mode allows for up to four notes to sound at once when in Sample mode. I guess the main functionality of that is to be able to play chords via a midi keyboard.

However, what I am aiming for is e.g. triggering dirrent pitches of the same sample one after the other- for example by arpeggiating a chord - and for each new sound not to kill the previous one when samples have longer releases times.

So far it does not seem to work that way even if I have Poly on and decay and release set to higher values...

Would appreciate if you could tell me if this is how it is supposed to work or if I am missing something...
Working...
X