Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screen brightness

Hi all,
    Screen brightness from 7% - 100% seems to be at full brightness. It only darkens between 0-7% and sometimes there's flicker at 0%.
    I haven't updated from the factory firmware. Anyone else seeing this?

Does anyone else find their screen brightness to be completely unresponsive above 10%?

Comment

3 weeks and no reply. Other people seem to be having different issues with their screens. No one is on base with me here?

Comment

Dimming the screen continues to be a somewhat inconsistent thing. It is different from unit to unit. Yes, on the MK2, the higher values don't do much. Please know that behind the scenes, we are adjusting the duty cycle of the screen backlight and there will be a decrease in power consumed.

Comment

for future firmware updates? or future production batches of the module?

Comment

Originally posted by rayultine View Post
            probably via firmware since "we are adjusting the duty cycle of the screen backlight" is done in software.

Comment

Originally posted by rayultine View Post
              The current version of the firmware does the brightness adjustments via pulse width modulation.

Comment

My Screen has been flickering on and off since I got it (new from Detroit Modular). Updated to 1.08, no change. Extremely annoying. Looks like I'm not the only one with this issue.
                I'd like to know when this issue will be addressed?. Otherwise I like the module but this is unacceptable.

Comment

• Steve
                  Steve commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We are looking at this issue now. Can you give me more information?

Is there a setting or range that performs better than others? Can you tell me if this always happens at any brightness setting or only "at the lowest or highest" setting?

thanks

Hi Steve;

I never have it set at the lowest or highest brightness....I think I may have found a clue to the issue... I noticed when the screen starts to flicker, if I adjust the brightness control up and down a few times the flickering stops, regardless of what brightness setting it's set to. Just a wild guess but maybe this has something to do with some hysteresis between steps? don't know....

Glenn Fin

Comment

Working...
                X