Beatstep (not pro) and MK2 help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beatstep (not pro) and MK2 help!

I reckon this is covered somewhere in the forum but can’t find any info to resolve. Purchased a Beatstep with the MK2 Bitbox to utilise the 16 knobs for midi cc control. I am using the midi breakout from both 1010 and Arturia with a midi cable in between, also have a new trs to trs cable. When mapping a midi cc/knob to let’s say filter, i tap Learn - and twist the knob on the beatstep. The learn buttons’ blue state disappears and the amount jumps to 100% as if it was successfully mapped - but turning the knob does nothing. I have been trying various settings in the BS config software to no avail for hours and hours anyone have any tips or best practice on mapping the beatstep (not pro) to the Bitbox. Would love to get Volume, Pan, Filter sorted, as the device menus are tedious when your dealing with sixteen samples.

Originally posted by Terekki View Post
    I reckon this is covered somewhere in the forum but can’t find any info to resolve. Purchased a Beatstep with the MK2 Bitbox to utilise the 16 knobs for midi cc control. I am using the midi breakout from both 1010 and Arturia with a midi cable in between, also have a new trs to trs cable. When mapping a midi cc/knob to let’s say filter, i tap Learn - and twist the knob on the beatstep. The learn buttons’ blue state disappears and the amount jumps to 100% as if it was successfully mapped - but turning the knob does nothing. I have been trying various settings in the BS config software to no avail for hours and hours anyone have any tips or best practice on mapping the beatstep (not pro) to the Bitbox. Would love to get Volume, Pan, Filter sorted, as the device menus are tedious when your dealing with sixteen samples.
    This may apply even thou the new version two stated it would except both TRS's

https://1010music.com/stereo-minijac...tibility-guide

Comment

• Terekki
      Terekki commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, read that, was highlighted as a 'feature' support for Type A and B. Tried a TRS to TRS cable and both midi adapters (with a standard Midi cable in-between) from both companies - no joy.

Got the knobs to send cc's and control the Bitbox, but the values/changes are not reflected on the screen of the Bitbox.

Comment

Working...
    X