No announcement yet.

Sample Pitch Tracking Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you make a video that shows the settings of the pad you are triggering? Your red cable is connected to the bottom pad in the third column. Your video is showing the bottom pad in the second column. This video is looking at the wrong screen.

Comment

Apologies I haven't had time to do this yet. The only settings I had setup for the triggered cell were pitch control through EXT1 with v/o tracking activated. The cell was in the default sample mode.

Comment

I believe you. It's still hard to understand why this would happen so I'm hungry for all of the details. No rush. Post when you can.

Comment

Here is a link to another video where I detail a bit more of the setup. Let me know if there's anything I've missed.

Thank you.

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/AFtISLyq2qwN

Comment

Oops bad link... this is the right one.

https://youtu.be/0T2SAHpcRrw

Comment

• Steve
              Steve commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you. That is a much better look. A few things to consider. The In1 & In2 jacks are connected to audio rate (24/48) ADC for audio recording. The EXT jacks are not that same resolution. However, You should still get accurate pitch tracking without the slew. You might look at the sequencer and see if you can adjust the delay between the Gate + CV. I am able to get reliable pitch tracking using a Mini Brute 2, KSP, and toolbox. It kinda sounds like the CV signal needs a few more milliseconds to settle before opening the gate.

I had thought about the gate delay idea already but I was unable to achieve any significant improvements. I can improve things by adding a small amount of silence prior to the sample but this just throws out the timing of all my sequences. And to be honest I still hear some slewing across certain intervals.

Ill play around with gate delays a bit more and see what I can come up with. Thank you!

Comment

So I set up a sequence using my teletype. I send cv and gate from the first output pair and im able to control a delay on the gate using a script. I really did not notice any significant improvement. I thought there was some on shorter sounds but it turns out that shorter sounds just hide the slewing better.

I tested delays from 1ms through to 100ms and various in between with no good result. I also tried clocking the module while sending cv and gate thinking this might give the algorithm more to work with but that didn't help. I also tried a few different samples just to be sure it wasn't the source material. I'll see if i can get a hold of one of the devices you tested to see if i get good results but im losing hope.

Comment

So I've just gone and sold the bitbox. I really wanted it to work for me but this was just too big of a compromise.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                X