Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't exit 'Insufficient sample slots' screen without restarting device (10.0.15)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't exit 'Insufficient sample slots' screen without restarting device (10.0.15)

Hello everyone!

Apologies for the post duplication but thought it might be helpful to flag this up as an issue across multiple devices.

I've just bought a Bitbox MK2 and updated immediately to the 10.0.15 beta firmware, so I don't know if this problem existed in previous firmwares.

I've got the same problem as experienced on the original Bitbox by the user in https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...t-sample-slots -- if I try to load a multisample into an already-populated preset, I get the message:-

"Insufficient sample slots

Loaded 64 of 81 files."

And then I cannot exit from this screen. The Bitbox continues to play samples triggered from MIDI, and the song position indicator continues counting up.

Touch a pad. Change the sample mode to "New Rec" or "New Multi" - this will clear the pad and loaded samples.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      Touch a pad. Change the sample mode to "New Rec" or "New Multi" - this will clear the pad and loaded samples.
      Thanks, that seems to work around the 'GUI crash' that comes from attempting to 'Load all' from the menu rather than going about it the 'New Multi' way. It'd be nice if that danger of ending up with a 'frozen' GUI could be fixed though

It looks like this might have uncovered another bug -- if the pad that I'm replacing was already a single sample that was set to reverse, then after doing 'New Multi', it looks like its attempting to play the multisample backwards too. But the UI for a multisample doesn't allow you to turn off reverse. If I set it back to a single, disable reverse, and then replace the sample using 'New Multi' then it works as expected.

Comment

• Steve
        Steve commented
        Editing a comment
        The previously mentioned way of escaping the "all slots full..." message is the correct way to clear a pad and/or free up sample slots.

I will investigate this second issue today. Thank you for reporting this.
    Working...
    X