Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multisampling improvements

Hi all,
    A few ideas about multisampling - applicable to the micro too, obvs.
    1) Would it be useful if when selecting "Start note" and "End note" in the multisample menu, if the MIDI fired off a gate to the instrument to test what those notes sound like?
    2) Could "Sample Every:" be set to 1/2 in order to multisample microtonal scales that were larger than 12 notes per octave?

I like the idea of auditioning before recording. The "Sample Every" parameter is measured in 1/2 steps now.

How do you see microtonality working on the bitbox?

Comment

Steve,
      Oh! It already does 1/2 steps! (guilty of not actually trying to make a multisample yet)
      I have bugged Aaron in a few other threads. It would be amazing if bitbox had input quantizing/scaling, doubly amazing if the Braids or ornament and crime tunings could be coded in, triply amazing if scala files could be loaded.
      would free up quantizer modules (doepfer, disting, o_c, etc) for other use cases. input quantizing could be ported to synthbox too. When I first mentioned this request on the forum (before I owned a bitbox) Aaron's solution was to upsell the Euroshield module. lol wut

Comment

Ok, actually did a multisample today. It was easy!
        MOAR feature suggestions!

1) Since mk2 doesn't have a midi out, it might be cool to be able to send a second linear CV stepped ramp (because that's all the Start Note/End Note control is doing) to create a 2d grid of samples. The second range of CV outputs could go to a VCA to create velocity control, or it could go to a second set of input parameters (for example filter cutoff CV).

2) Ok, so the multisample gives us a set of individual samples, and we have to go into an audio editor and glue them all together if we want to use the CV select slicer sample trick that a lot of people do. Wouldn't it be awesome if bitbox did that for us if we wanted to have the "strip" of multisamples and cut them into individual pieces later? Or if it automatically did both?

Comment

The manual isn't generally that friendly about how to keep the multisamples inside of the bitbox ecosystem. If we make a mulitsample with key or velocity ranges, how do we put that immediately back into bitbox cell? I fear the answer is bitbox can't do this.

Well, these are mk2 problems hopefully with impending mk2 solutions eh?

Comment

• Steve
            Steve commented
            Editing a comment
            File > Load All is the answer. The Mk2 should have no issues playing back multi-velocity multi-samples. What am I missing here?

That additional multisampling features would be awesome. Also a question here, isn't it possible through some change of the code to switch midi in to midi out for multisample purposes?

Originally posted by rayultine View Post
          Ok, actually did a multisample today. It was easy!
          MOAR feature suggestions!

1) Since mk2 doesn't have a midi out, it might be cool to be able to send a second linear CV stepped ramp (because that's all the Start Note/End Note control is doing) to create a 2d grid of samples. The second range of CV outputs could go to a VCA to create velocity control, or it could go to a second set of input parameters (for example filter cutoff CV).

Comment

• Steve
            Steve commented
            Editing a comment
            Unfortunately, no.

Also, an option would be when multisample recording to use 1 output as gate 2 output as pitch/cv and 3 output (fx1 for example) as velocity cv. This way an 3rd party module as for example disting mk4 with midi expander could be used to sample also with multi velocity. Just a thought...

Comment

Working...
          X