bitbox micro 1.2 feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bitbox micro 1.2 feedback

A few days ago we posted a beta version of bitbox micro 1.2. It includes an LFO per voice, improved granular controls, and lots of other things.

Please give it a try and let us know how it worked out for you below.

Thank you for your support.

Been having a lot of fun with the new update. The only issue I have found is that when on slicer mode, you can not change the polyphony (this bug was also in previous versions). Other than that it works fantastic, thanks Aaron and the 1010music team!!

Comment

Aaron, is it possible to assign MIDI velocity to the ADSR parameters or is it just MIDI CC ?

Comment

• Aaron
        Aaron commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, it is possible to assign velocity to AD and R

Yes. You get the same modulator list found elsewhere on the device. EXT1-8, etc.

Comment

Just had the long sample problem (cut into pieces) on 1.2.3. Dont know if the new SD card option in preferences tries to fix that, but now I changed it to compatible, and will keep testing to see if it happens again.

Updated post 2 minutes later:
        Same problem, so the SD option doesn't change that.

Comment

• Steve
          Steve commented
          Editing a comment
          Please share card specs and file resolutions, length, etc. I need more info to investigate.

It happens almost each time on the second sample, and only sometimes on the first.

SD card: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6dudlk8jb....42-1.jpg?dl=0

Here is the info on the samples - the file path below are pointing to my backup on a harddrive:

First sample:

General
        Complete name : G:\Downloads\MY MODULAR\1010MUSIC\BitBox Micro\SD\210925\JX3D\JX3D Noises\Vulcano_Colage_01.wav
        Format : Wave
        File size : 34.1 MiB
        Duration : 2 min 15 s
        Overall bit rate mode : Constant
        Overall bit rate : 2 117 kb/s

Audio
        Format : PCM
        Format settings : Little / Signed
        Codec ID : 1
        Duration : 2 min 15 s
        Bit rate mode : Constant
        Bit rate : 2 117 kb/s
        Channel(s) : 2 channels
        Sampling rate : 44.1 kHz
        Bit depth : 24 bits
        Stream size : 34.1 MiB (100%)

Second sample:

Complete name : G:\Downloads\MY MODULAR\1010MUSIC\BitBox Micro\SD\210925\JX3D\JX3D Noises\Vulcano_Colage_02.wav
        Format : Wave
        File size : 26.0 MiB
        Duration : 1 min 43 s
        Overall bit rate mode : Constant
        Overall bit rate : 2 117 kb/s

Audio
        Format : PCM
        Format settings : Little / Signed
        Codec ID : 1
        Duration : 1 min 43 s
        Bit rate mode : Constant
        Bit rate : 2 117 kb/s
        Channel(s) : 2 channels
        Sampling rate : 44.1 kHz
        Bit depth : 24 bits
        Stream size : 26.0 MiB (100%)
        Last edited by HenrikJX3D; 10-27-2021, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• HenrikJX3D
          HenrikJX3D commented
          Editing a comment
          Seems both pads are setup almost the same, and which one that makes the dropouts is random. Today the dropouts are on the first pad, and its even random pr. time I visit the sample window. The second pad works fine today. I have attached (linked) pictures of the settings and sample windows. I took two different pictures of the first pads sample window to document its random pr. time it generates the graphics in the window.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2l2z6ekal2...0JX3D.rar?dl=0

• Steve
          Steve commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you tried changing the SD mode in TOOLS?

• HenrikJX3D
          HenrikJX3D commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes changing the SD mode was the first thing I tried. No difference, so I changed it back to to High Speed.

I have just updated to the beta and I found this issue: When the device has just booted, if the brightness setting is on 100% and I change it (I was setting it to around ~35%), it reboots the device.

Steps to replicate:
        1. Power on device
        2. Click 'Tools' to access Brightness setting
        3. Adjust to below 100%

Result: Device reboots

Workaround:
        1. Power on device
        2. Click 'Tools' to access settings
        3. Wait until Brightness setting adjusts to previously saved setting

Result: Device is stable

YouTube video demonstrating issue

Additional info: when adjusting down to 30%, I experienced screen flicker between 33% down to 30% but then it stopped and adjusting back above 50% down to 30%, it wasnt seen again until next power cycle.

Edit to add:
        Have also just found that when clicking to create a new program, it also reboots:

Steps to replicate:
        1. Click on upper centre pad
        2. Click 'File'
        3. Click 'New'
        4. Wait 10 seconds & device reboots

I had repeated steps to test replication and it rebooted on step 2 after I clicked 'File' but when I try again now, it seems to be stable and doesn't reboot on steps 2 or 3
        Last edited by chriszanf; 10-30-2021, 06:35 AM.

Comment

• HenrikJX3D
          HenrikJX3D commented
          Editing a comment
          I have had a reboot once, but it happened while not using the BBM and I just noticed it restarting.
          It hasn't done it since, so I never reported it, as it could have been a power supply glitch caused by something else in my setup. But it happened on 1.2.3.
          Btw. my brightness is only at 2.1% which is bright enough on my device - and been so on earlier firmwares too. Above 10% is not an option, its too bright.
          And mine flickers around 8-11%, but not every time I chose it. Its kind of random when it happens, but its in that range.

Hmmmm. I am unable to reproduce. What else is in that case? Could it be a power issue?

Comment

• HenrikJX3D
          HenrikJX3D commented
          Editing a comment
          I've read elsewhere on this forum, that using bright display settings draws more power, so yes, I asume its about the power draw, ie. power supply.
          That also goes for the reboots.

• Steve
          Steve commented
          Editing a comment
          That is true about brightness drawing more power.

Thank you so much for all the great improvements! All of it is extremely useful, already deep exploiting everything and used it for my live performance this weekend - i love it.

The range of the LFO feels a bit limited. It would be great with slower and faster speeds in the freerunning mode and 16 & 32 bar in BeatSync.

Is freerunning applied per voice?

Comment

• Steve
          Steve commented
          Editing a comment
          All LFOs and their settings are per pad.
      Working...
      X