Noisy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy?

Have my BBM (fw 1.2.3) in my Intellijel performance case and it is adding a lot of noise when it is plugged in. I've tried adjusting the brightness. Any suggestions other than moving it to another case (really not an option)?

Thanks!

Don't know if the BBM does the same, but I did have noise on a filter+amp module once, until I changed the power supply. Try changing the power supply, just to test if that solves the problem? The power supply you use now may be overloaded - so you could also try disconnectiing other modules connected to the same power supply, and see if it changes anything.

Comment

HenrikJX3D, thanks for the suggestion! I tried another PSU today but it was the same make/model (a Meanwell 90W unit). Given the specs of the Intellijel that should be enough power. It is also the PSU that came with the case FWIW.

I did try disconnecting other modules though only one at a time. Only the BBM had any impact on the noise.

Comment

Okay, but at least that part is checked out now, and not the problem. Hope you get it solved somehow.

Comment

I’ve had this noise in my modular system for a little while now that I have been trying to track down. Today I found it by chance, I just so happen to fiddle with the rack screw on my Bitbox Micro, and the noise suddenly went away….whoa! I couldn’t believe it, I finally tracked it down. I too have an Intellijel performance case. If I twist any of the rack screws while my case is on the the noise comes and goes. Coincidentally I just noticed my screen is starting to flicker as well. I guess it’s time to email tech-support

Comment

Working...
          X