X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve
    replied
    Originally posted by Hidiki View Post
    I feel my presence is not necessary in this particular thread anymore. If there’s a more private channel for “bug” reports, let me know if that’s preferred . I feel like I’ve tried to encourage others to use this new firmware in my posts and was very detailed about the settings and files I was using as well as number of notes needed to induce demoni. Since you cannot replicate I can only deduce it’s my machine, I mean it does flicker and is hot… maybe something’s different than other modules, I don’t know(I know nothing). What I can say is the new firmware is awesome (I’ve been switching between 1.1.7 and 1.2.3 fairly regularly) and everyone who needs to log in to a forum to download firmware should try every new 1010 beta especially this really amazing one…1.2.3. That’d a da done.
    I have been trying to overdrive my micro since first reading your post. Maybe you can send over the preset you are using? [email protected]
    make sure to pack it or send all assets. thanks

Leave a comment:

• Hidiki
    replied
    I had a feeling your module had the same flicker and heat issues Paranormal Patroler. Your stance on avoiding upgrading did not seem out of place, I agree with all your sentiment. My last post was inspired by the owners posts not yours. Midi Thru

Leave a comment:

• Paranormal Patroler
    replied
    Originally posted by Hidiki View Post
    I can only deduce it’s my machine, I mean it does flicker and is hot… maybe something’s different than other modules, I don’t know(I know nothing).
    I have one of the later incarnations of the module, and it is hot (I installed a fan module in the case just to make sure the air circulates properly) and it does flicker eventually, even if I adjust the screen settings to stop it. So I don't think your module is at fault, at least I don't think it's a hardware issue.

Polyphony crackles was a thing which was fixed by software updates. I have experienced it myself, was maybe too vocal about it, as I was pretty disappointed to realize that even minimal polyphony (2-3 notes in a single polyphonic pad) would suffice to create abhorrent crackle and a subsequent lightshow from the navigation buttons. Later versions of the software seemed to fix the issue.

I'll try the beta firmware because I like to support my manufacturers, although I will revert back to 1.1.7 at the smallest provocation of crackle (I am not being paid to be beta tester on this device). I think we all come from a positive place and we all want the best from our Micros and 1010 Music, so you shouldn't be discouraged to voice out your issues with the latest firmware. I for one very much appreciated you pointing out the issue. If my stance of saying I'll avoid the firmware seemed out of place, it was mostly because I felt my heart sink while thinking "Oh not again!". That being said, we all obviously want the newest firmware to be a success. I always take that as a given.

Last edited by Paranormal Patroler; 10-22-2021, 01:17 AM. Reason: typos

Leave a comment:

• Hidiki
    replied
    I feel my presence is not necessary in this particular thread anymore. If there’s a more private channel for “bug” reports, let me know if that’s preferred . I feel like I’ve tried to encourage others to use this new firmware in my posts and was very detailed about the settings and files I was using as well as number of notes needed to induce demoni. Since you cannot replicate I can only deduce it’s my machine, I mean it does flicker and is hot… maybe something’s different than other modules, I don’t know(I know nothing). What I can say is the new firmware is awesome (I’ve been switching between 1.1.7 and 1.2.3 fairly regularly) and everyone who needs to log in to a forum to download firmware should try every new 1010 beta especially this really amazing one…1.2.3. That’d a da done.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Originally posted by Paranormal Patroler View Post

Most certainly, but crackles is a non-sequitur. Not much use to mess up the polyphony just to have to revert back.
    We tried to reproduce this issue without success. We would really appreciate some more data points.

Leave a comment:

• Paranormal Patroler
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaron View Post
    Your feedback is important and informs our next moves. Thank you.
    Most certainly, but crackles is a non-sequitur. Not much use to mess up the polyphony just to have to revert back.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hidiki,

Thanks for the beta report. We appreciate it.

For other bitbox micro customers, please give beta 1.2.3 a try and let us know your results. Your feedback is important and informs our next moves. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Hidiki
    replied
    Im Thankful you insisted on some processor "governing". Though I use it for other purposes, playing multi sampled instruments is what its usually doing in my home so I had to revert but I recommend trying out the new beta. It is indeed 1.2.3.

Leave a comment:

• Paranormal Patroler
    replied
    Yeah, I had issues with crackles until I reached 1.1.7 and implemented polyphony settings (I actually insisted for some processor management because of the crackles). I'm sad to hear they're back. I'll avoid 1.2.3 until that is fixed.

By the way, is it 1.2.3 ? I saw the announcement and it says 1.2.

Leave a comment:

• Hidiki
    replied
    For my use case it was bad enough to migrate back to 1.1.7. When I loaded 1.2.3 the preset I had been using the past few days consisted of three multi-sampled instruments, all mono 24 bit 48k set to high quality. A Rhodes at poly 8 and mellotron and dulcimer at poly 6 and I had no issues with crackles and flickering buttons before updating but the moment after loading 1.2.3 the first 5 note chord I played brought it to its knees. I made a lot of adjustments by reloading samples and optimizing poly and quality settings but nothing stopped the crackle monster from seizing my bitbox. I did use it for a couple of days because I really liked the midi triggered recording and having a built in lfo but then I wanted to play piano and one piano multisample set to poly x started crackling so I gave in to the old firmware. Haven't seen or heard the Crackle Demoni since.

Leave a comment:

• Paranormal Patroler
    replied
    Wow, polyphony issues is definitely a downer. Do I want to migrate to 2.5 beta if my piano samples go back to crackling?! Argh. How bad is it Hidiki?

Leave a comment:

• rayultine
    replied
    prayers have been answered! It's my turn to mess with the mk2 beta and I promise to be very loud about it.

Leave a comment:

• Hidiki
    replied
    Im glad my reporting of said features was appreciated! I'm surprised no one else on this forum has spoken of it other than the SD issues. I look forward to the next release because I already miss the LFO and especially the midi controlled recording. Please feel free to Hear and support my rallying cries of one output per voice on poly 8 multi sample pads.

Leave a comment:

• rayultine
    replied
    I appreciate the report Hidiki. You're the only person to be posting about all of the excellent blackbox features that have been migrated to bitbox. I'm hoping the mk2 gets the same updates soon!

Leave a comment:

• Hidiki
    started a topic 1.2 beta Polyphony

1.2 beta Polyphony

I've spent time the past couple of days with the new beta firmware and I really like some of the new features. The lfo, adsr time mod sources, and midi controlled recording are wonderful! I immediately experienced polyphony hinderances after installing though. Presets and multi samples that had high poly headroom on 1.1.7 now crumble and crack rather quickly. I would be curious if anyone else has noticed this on their machine. Other than that I didn't run into any other issues though I'd prefer Resonance be at 0 instead of 50 by default. For now I've returned to 1.1.7 and have more reliable polyphony. Looking forward to the full release. I hope we get tap Tempo or at least a tempo parameter if possible.
Working...
X