Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flickering display

Hi,

I've noticed that the Bitbix Micro display flickers if the brightness is set >90%. The display is actually quite bright enough at 50%, so it isn't an issue. Functionality seems fine. Power draw for the row is >10% below the 4ms row power maximum.

I've been having flickering on my screen too, even at much lower settings.

Comment

Frederick, are there brightness settings that allow you to avoid the flickering?

Comment

I get flickering at under 50% which is a shame because even at 10% the display is bright enough. I have tried the module in 3 different cases and get the same result.

Comment

fyi - I have no issues with flickering. Had it run on 30% brightness for an hour. No flickering at all. Even reduced it now to 8% brightness. All good. I'm running still Firmware 1.0.0. Do you guys run a newer firmware?

UPDATE:
          I just updated the Firmware to 1.0.7. After the update I also experience screen flickering.. once in a while. Can't really track down the situation when it starts/ends. It just happens randomly.

What I did next: I downgraded the Firmware to 1.0.0 (it is on the factory microSD).
          Guess what: the screen now also occasionally flickers.
          Even worse: if I change the brightness back to 100%, now the whole screen flickers permanently. If I reduced the brightness to ie 30% or 10% this will stop. Still I experience random flickering once in a while...
          Last edited by ziddabit; 06-27-2020, 12:02 PM.

Comment

I'm too am having the flickering when I turn down the brightness.

Comment

Yes, I too am experiencing flickering.

Comment

I have screen flickering as well. If I change it downwards from 100%

Comment

We will take a look. Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Same thing happened to me after I switched to 1.07 firmware. Unit got really hot as well. I was at default brightness.

Comment

yeah I get a flickering screen too.. I notice it any screen brightnesses lower than 100%

Comment

I think this warrants it's own thread, but in case it's related.

Brand new Micro. Plugged in - confirmed working, navigated around. I went to adjust brightness, got to 90% barely changed, kept dropping slowly, screen died completely.

Tried turning back up - nothing. Power cycled. Checked connections. Still have buttons illuminated. Confirm can still trigger sounds via screen, but screen is blank. This is out of the box - have not updated firmware - will try later.

Comment

Here are some preliminary results on the flickering:

On the two units we tested here, brightness values below 1% resulted in occasional flickering. Everything else worked well. The obvious workaround is to not use values below 1%. In the next build, we will raise the floor to avoid this problem. We do notice that you may see a little flickering while you adjust the brightness.

If you are seeing constant flickering at values above 1%, please let us know.

Comment

Flicking kicks in for me around 48%. The screen reliably dies if I play around with brightness values for a couple of seconds. I second LIquidyzer that 100% brightness is far too bright. In fact my preferred brightness setting for in the studio would be 1%. I would only ever conceivably need 100% if I were to do a live performance outside in the daytime which I'm not planning on doing. Also, the screen gets hot and the module draws more power than it should. Is this a hardware fault? Probably sending mine back. Such a shame as this module is otherwise pure awesomeness.

Comment

Update: my screen seems to be totally fried after under an hour of use. It went off and I smelt the characteristic electronics burning smell. Sending mine back. Obviously a hardware fault with the first batch. I hope this can be fixed or some kind of retrofit or repair service to be offered as theoretically the module is great if only the screen wasn't problematic.

Comment

Working...
                              X