No announcement yet.

Flickering display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flickering developed for me now as well. Brightness at 100%. It was on for a few hours before it started. I power cycled and the flickering kept going...

Can someone from 1010 advise on what to do? I don't want to be stuck with a dead unit. Should I initiate a return?

Comment

Second the flickering. The frame rate of my camera cannot capture the speed, but I do find that it stops if I adjust the brightness. Just unsure if it's a hardware issue or software thing. Wary of keeping if it continues.

Comment

Flickering can generally be resolved by adjusting the brightness. We don't recommend a return unless the screen stops working completely. We are still looking at this issue based and awaiting incoming hardware. Stay tuned.

Comment

Yeah, still getting flickering when Brightness is under 30% on the latest OS 1.0.9

Comment

Originally posted by bobbobbob View Post
            Update: my screen seems to be totally fried after under an hour of use. It went off and I smelt the characteristic electronics burning smell. Sending mine back. Obviously a hardware fault with the first batch. I hope this can be fixed or some kind of retrofit or repair service to be offered as theoretically the module is great if only the screen wasn't problematic.
            Just had my one die also... will be returning it tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by axisnms View Post
              I think this warrants it's own thread, but in case it's related.

Brand new Micro. Plugged in - confirmed working, navigated around. I went to adjust brightness, got to 90% barely changed, kept dropping slowly, screen died completely.

Tried turning back up - nothing. Power cycled. Checked connections. Still have buttons illuminated. Confirm can still trigger sounds via screen, but screen is blank. This is out of the box - have not updated firmware - will try later.
              same here buddy!

Comment

There's another thread about the screen going completely dead for some people, with a few troubleshooting things to try to bring it back to life. Mine had this problem, sent it in for repair, and the screen now works properly.

Comment

Firmware 1.0.10 is now available. Please see if this fixes or helps your issue. If not, please contact us directly at [email protected]

Version 1.0.10 fixes the following items:
                  • Improved control of screen brightness
                  https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...ware-downloads

Comment

Steve can you confirm if you have identified the fault with the screen is it hardware or software? thanks Gareth

Comment

• Steve
                      Steve commented
                      Editing a comment
                      we are still investigating the units sent back to us. Stay tuned!

I'm running the latest OS (1.0.10) and can quite easily recreate flickering. The first thing I did after install was to lower my brightness down to it's lowest value and it flickered and then slowly the flickering subsided. Turning the brightness up and little and then down again resulted in more flickering. As I went to type this the display was on 2% and not flickering, I've just looked over and it was flickering like crazy. And now when I look over again, it's stopped.

In short - it's very inconsistent. I don't think it's the power, my Intellijel 7U case is using about 65% of total available power. So quite a bit of headroom is still available.

Comment

Yeah something is not right - I upped my brightness to 10% and after 15 minutes it's flickering like crazy. Are there faulty units? I'm really concerned that I have a hardware issue as this doesn't feel right.

Comment

Working...
                      X