Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midi Problem on Drums with same note

When I sequence my Bitbox Micro with my Nerdseq in sample mode for drums

if I let the note as default or if I put the same note int he pad setting than in the nerds pattern (C5 60 for example) there is a strange sound, like an overlap rumble,
    If I put a different note in the setting of the pad, the sound is ok, just a little pitched (but it is normal, in the pattern there is C5, in the setting D5)

It seems to be a bug

If I set the pad in granular, everything Is ok.

So i do this for the moment.

Are you setting the MIDI channel at the pad level or in the TOOLS menu? Are you able to send a video or audio recording of the "overlap rumble" you are hearing?

Thanks for the report

Comment

I set in the pad setting.with the right arrow, or I just left it by default, I just set the midi channel and if I let the root note as default or at 60 like in the sequencer,there is this strange noise just at the end of the sound.

the vidéo, I don't know if you will hear the click sound.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9Dy5DoYkhZN1WwqX9

Comment

Hard to say from that video. If it is your own sample, double-check that it plays correctly from your DAW, etc. From your description, I am assuming you are pitch shifting that sample and are hearing side effects from that. I could be wrong. Setting the various parameters for receiving MIDI can be a bit tricky sometimes. Can you confirm that you are following the info below?

If you set the MIDI channel at the Pad level, the pad will respond to the incoming MIDI note# in the following ways:
        1. The sample will play unchanged (original pitch) on C4(60).
        2. Playing notes above/below C4 will be transposed up/down accordingly.

If you set the MIDI Pads channel in the TOOLS menu, the pads will respond to the incoming MIDI note# in the following ways:
        1. When the PadNote parameter is set to default, the grid of 8 pads will trigger from MIDI note #s 36-43 and will playback at the original pitch (unless, of course, you have adjusted the pitch parameter)
        2. When the PadNote parameter is set to anything other than default, the pad will respond the same way as previous, except will be triggered by the MIDI note set in PadNote.
        MIDI Keys works a bit differently. What is that setting?

Comment

The sample is good in my DAW

If you set the MIDI channel at the Pad level, the pad will respond to the incoming MIDI note# in the following ways:
          1. The sample will play unchanged (original pitch) on C4(60). --> YES with click at end
          2. Playing notes above/below C4 will be transposed up/down accordingly. --> YES without click at end

For Below I don't have a pad note setting in the TOOLS Menu ???!
          I just have Midi Pads and Mid Keys
          But if I set the Midi keys to the good mid channels Hear the sound at the original pitch with the click

If you set the MIDI Pads channel in the TOOLS menu, the pads will respond to the incoming MIDI note# in the following ways:
          1. When the PadNote parameter is set to default, the grid of 8 pads will trigger from MIDI note #s 36-43 and will playback at the original pitch (unless, of course, you have adjusted the pitch parameter)
          2. When the PadNote parameter is set to anything other than default, the pad will respond the same way as previous, except will be triggered by the MIDI note set in PadNote.

Comment

• Steve
            Steve commented
            Editing a comment
            PadNote is a Pad setting. It will be in the Pad parameters.

OK i see it, PAD NOTE doesn't do anything

I use root note to set the note or I let root note as default

PAD NOTE don't change anything

Comment

When you set the MIDI Pads channel in TOOLS, PadNote will determine the incoming MIDI note # a pad will respond to.

Comment

ok

did you find some thing ? Are you able to reproduce the problem ?

Comment

Working...
              X