Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    As weird as it may seem, cards can have a great deal of influence on overall performance.

Next, which preset are you using? Which controller, etc. How much pitch shifting?

For example, I am using a KeyStep Pro - midi - bitbox micro in a Rackbrute 3U. Sandisk Ultra 64GB A1. With various multisample presets, I can lay my arm across the keys (in poly) and experience no hiccups (nothing special about my micro). So I'd like to see more specifically what you are doing so I can reproduce it.

• Paranormal Patroler
    commented on 's reply
    @Steve As long as we're trying to solve these issues I'm fine with playing along. High-performance card? No problemo, I'll fire one up with the same samples from the original card and test that. The main thing I need is to make sure that transposing the sequences from the MIDI side of things stops making these awful crackles. It's dishearting to get these results on an otherwise really powerfully spec'ed module.

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    I get you don't want to hear it... These specific issues are almost always related to one of two things...
    1. Power
    2. SD card

Yes, there are exceptions. But I have been helping our users for over a year now. And I have yet to fail. So please play along to help eliminate a few obvious things before we move to other possibilities. The card that ships with your module is a pretty capable card, actually. But we do not supply a "high-performance" card. The stock card is truly only meant to deliver content, firmware, and get you started.

• Paranormal Patroler
    replied
    Steve Yes, it's the stock microSD card with the stock sounds. I'm just testing the "default" stuff, so-to-speak. Please don't tell me it's because the card isn't good enough, I'm seeing the module crackle badly even with 4-note chords on one pad here, the polyphony is minimal. I really think the high octaves are at fault, you should investigate that further. There is distortion on lower octaves but it's extreme on higher octaves on poly.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Tell us more about these waveforms. What is the sample count and how much are you pitching them up?

Based on our development of synthbox, I can tell you a 2048 sample waveform pitched up several octaves is pretty demanding on the processor. We use various tricks to get that to run smoothly.

Please let us know.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    Are you using the stock microSD card?

• Paranormal Patroler
    replied
    Had some similar issues. Do you happen to remember how high was your voice count? Mine freaks out when used via MIDI at 7 note polyphony, when the notes are on the high register. It can't handle high notes

Seems to be okeish with lower octaves. If you're still using it, I suggest trying lower octaves, see if that solves it for you. This is not a solid workaround, obviously, but it might be worth looking into.

Leave a comment:

• jdroecker
    replied
    Not bashing, just wishing we had a cpu% monitor so that we could monitor the usage and not freak out when the unit hits its peak!

Leave a comment:

• jdroecker
    started a topic Snap, Crackle, Pop.....

Snap, Crackle, Pop.....

So, it seems to be way to easy to over use the Bitbox Micro. Last night I loaded up some single cycle wavef orms and attemted to play them polyphoniclly. I was rewarded with major poping and a light show from the Bitbox. I figured it was a power issue so i moved the Bitbox Micro to another case and tried the exercise again. same result... So i moved it to a third case and still the same result. I figured that with the filter issues I am having this was proof of a faulty unit, then I read the manual again... Looks like the snap, crackle, pop is expected if you push the processor to far... Pretty scary stuff actually. I am guessing I need to not push the boundaries on this module like I have with every other module... I will use it for really basic sample playback duties. I could just use the ER-301 for that ... sigh...
Working...
X