Sometimes Save button is unavailable resulting in loss of Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes Save button is unavailable resulting in loss of Data

Its happened 3 times so I know it an issue here. Sometimes I create a preset, load some samples and configure the pads, then tap the preset name....NO SAVE BUTTON! I've used the Rename and Save As commands from this point, both of which result in losing the entire preset. I've since gotten trigger happy with the save function. Where's COMMAND+S? ; )

It can take a few seconds for the micro to register that there are changes to be saved. Often, waiting a few seconds and looking again should allow you to save.

Comment

It happened to me 2 or 3 times, and you can wait until the sun will go off, the save button stay grayed

Comment

• Steve
        Steve commented
        Editing a comment
        That status is typically updated when you ENTER the preset screen.

Is there a solution for this? I've had this issue multiple times, like right now. I've given it all the time in the world but saving isn't an option. Crazy frustrating.

Comment

Sorry to hear this. Are you swapping out the card? It is important that you save before switching micro SD cards.

Let us know if you have any other clues to help us find and fix this problem.

Comment

Assuming you have a clean install of 1.6.5 you should have no issues saving. You should check your microSD and be sure it is a quality card with, preferably, an 'A' rating. Make sure you have a clean format - do not use MacOS Disk Utility for this.

If you change a parameter, the Save feature should be available. However, if you make a recording, you will not see the Save option because recordings do not need to be implicitly 'saved' in a preset. Does any of this seem to connect with your issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
            Sorry to hear this. Are you swapping out the card? It is important that you save before switching micro SD cards.

Let us know if you have any other clues to help us find and fix this problem.
            No card swapping. Just booted up and went straight to building a preset.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              Assuming you have a clean install of 1.6.5 you should have no issues saving. You should check your microSD and be sure it is a quality card with, preferably, an 'A' rating. Make sure you have a clean format - do not use MacOS Disk Utility for this.

If you change a parameter, the Save feature should be available. However, if you make a recording, you will not see the Save option because recordings do not need to be implicitly 'saved' in a preset. Does any of this seem to connect with your issue?
              Its a Sandisk Ultra pictured below. I formatted it as ExFat, but on MacOS (I didn’t have a Windows PC handy). After rebooting the next day it worked as expected, but I’m concerned since it did this the night I first turned it on as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8E6CA30D-411A-4F17-96FE-A4C4A8D6767C.jpeg
Views:	119
Size:	462.8 KB
ID:	17724

Comment

I love my Apple devices... That said, Disk Utility is not a good solution for formatting in exFAT. I would recommend using SD Card Formatter from the SD Association. It has been 100% reliable for me using all types of cards. I can't stress this enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  I love my Apple devices... That said, Disk Utility is not a good solution for formatting in exFAT. I would recommend using SD Card Formatter from the SD Association. It has been 100% reliable for me using all types of cards. I can't stress this enough.
                  yeah I agree that their disk utility is quirky. I’ll try it with Windows even though I have to walk all the way to the other room to do it .

Comment

Anyone experiencing this issue try reformatting with SD Card Formatter? Did it work?

It seems to only happens on new presets so I’ve just been saving after the first 2-3 edits as insurance.

I’ve just been using the factory card and I put a bunch of stuff on there but I don’t think I ever formatted it.

Anyone using windows with the same issue? I’ve seen Mac OSX Catalina do some strange things to drive permissions. It caused some problems with my Arbhar, so maybe it’s the same issue.

Comment

I can't stress this enough: avoid using macOS Disk Utility. It is not a reliable method for FAT32 or exFAT.

SD Card Formatter is free on both platforms, maintained by the SD Association, and a far superior outcome compared to Disk Utility.

Comment

I'm experiencing the same issue using the factory card. I have the habit of saving often, but sometimes you get carried away editing a patch, and after long editing sessions I go save and the button is greyed out, and no way to save. This has happened to me a few times already. Using the firmware 1.0.12. There's plenty of space on the card and I did not pull it out or anything out of the ordinary. This was a preset I had saved already a few times, then continued editing.

Furthermore, some of the samples had clips that were, say, 10 seconds long, and if I touch the cell (set to toggle) it will only play about a second. It's like the cell got damaged. AND also, I'm noticing that sometimes I save filter settings and when I come back to the present, the filter looks on the same % spot but the audio value is somewhere else. I have to move the value up and down and sort of reset it and save it again.

Lastly, the unit is hitting the processing limit randomly. Sometimes I'm building a simple preset with one or two single samples (not multis) and it goes berserk. I'm pretty familiar by know how much processing load makes it reach the limit, so this seems to be a different issue.
                        Last edited by Valadon; 10-30-2020, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Steve
                          Steve commented
                          Editing a comment
                          How are you powering your module?

Intellijel 208 hp case

Comment

These types of obstacles can be frustrating. Does a power cycle fix the clips not playing? Have you tried pasting the factory sounds to another card? I know some users hate hearing this...but the microSD we provide is meant to deliver content and get you started. It's actually a capable card as I have tested well over 50 different card specs. That said, I have always had a better experience pushing my devices with a higher quality card. There have been a few reports of microSD cards being corrupted. You can download the original content from the Product Downloads section.

Comment

Working...
                          X