Large samples not loading properly in saved projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large samples not loading properly in saved projects

I often use long, large files as atmosphere. Since the last update (1.1.7) large files do not load/stream properly. They load with sections truncated (see photos).

Update on this: Large files are actually behaving erratically & will just truncate & sound will stop at random, this is sometimes reflected in the display & sometimes not. I am going to revert to previous firmware to confirm that this issue was introduced in 1.1.7.

Files tested are 48kHz 24 bit stereo; sizes: 90MB, 53MB, 56MB

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they are always beta testing for 1010? Guys you make amazing products, but you really could use a good tester/QA person who knows how to write test scripts/stories & possibly automated tests. Not meaning to beef here, but I do think this is an area of your dev cycle that could be greatly improved.

Update: Reverted back to 1.0.15 & there is no issue with large files. So I conclude that this was introduced in 1.1.x. Possible culprit performance/memory management 'improvements'.
    Last edited by virtualpt; 04-05-2021, 12:23 PM.

We recently changed some software behind the scenes. This introduced a few issues that were not broken, previously. We have mostly worked through that. Thanks for the post.

As a reminder, you are not required to update to new versions until we can verify that they are stable. And, yes, we do test - believe it or not. We can't find everything. I have been here for 18 months and users from the forum find some of the weirdest little bugs (I'm, not suggesting yours is little or weird) and I am grateful for it. I can spend all day testing and I know I will not find everything. I can verify that the box performs as advertised (or not) and report accordingly. I have also found my share of things that have never been reported. It is never as easy as "just do this" or "just do that."

Thanks for your input and continued support. We are happy to have you in our community.

Comment

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply. I do agree that it is not as easy as "just do this/that" and of course no-one can find everything, but core functionality really shouldn't be broken by a stable release. 1.1.7 was marked as a stable release, being able to stream large samples from the SD card is core functionality. You should at least have a basic written/textual test script that gets worked through to test core functionality pre-release. I have run dev teams for large & small organisations for 20 years, so I have some experience in this area. Again, not meaning to beef here, trying to be helpful.

Comment

• Steve
        Steve commented
        Editing a comment
        It is entirely likely that we are doing just that! Thanks for your post.

Any indication of when this might be fixed?

Thanks

Comment

Sorry for the delay - I was away from the office!
        Can you remind me of your microSD card specs and when you last formatted it? Which software do you use to format?

Comment

Hi Steve,

Card is a SanDisk Extreme 128GB Micro SDXC Class 10, U3, V30, A2 Performance Class. Formatted as ExFAT, most likely using SD Memory Card Formatter 5.01. I have no idea when I last formatted it, most likely early 2020.
          Last edited by virtualpt; 06-01-2021, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Steve are you able to replicate the issue? Is it an issue with formatting? I can backup the card, reformat it & reinstall my content, but I don't really want to go through all of that if it isn't likely to be the cause of the problem. Thanks

Comment

• HenrikJX3D
              HenrikJX3D commented
              Editing a comment
              I just had the issue too, so its not a rare thing. Long sample (4-5 minutes at 44.1KHz - think it is 24bit) just randomly missing data. Restarting device sometimes fixes it, other times causes other random holes in the sample. Reloading does the same. I use the SD card provided with the unit. Also using latest firmware. Not at the device right now so I can't provide further details - can later if needed.

• Steve
              Steve commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes. 100%. It has been reported and will be addressed. No need to reformat. I would suggest that you stay in the version that does not produce this. We will fix it.

Steve Thanks

Comment

Found this thread because I was having the same issue. Reverting to the previous firmware did resolve the issues. I also had a problem with screen flickering on the latest firmware which also went away.

If it's helpful, I purchased my bitbox micro within the first week they were first released. The SD card i'm using is SanDisk Extreme 256GB.

Comment

Steve
                any eta for a fix for this yet? Thanks

Comment

We just fixed it in the latest (beta) release. It should work now. Please let me know if you have issues.

https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...ro-version-1-1

Comment

• virtualpt
                    virtualpt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Brilliant, thanks Steve. I'll give it a try tomorrow

• virtualpt
                    virtualpt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just tested quickly. Started new post for 'overview white waveform not displayed' bug.

We disabled it for the loooong wav files. So it’s they way it should be for now. We are still looking at this bug as it is connected to other things.

Comment

• virtualpt
                    virtualpt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Steve. That's good to know.
                Working...
                X