Unable to properly sequence a sliced sample

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to properly sequence a sliced sample

Hi, I’m having trouble trying to do something cool.

The cool I want to do: Send a sequence from a Voltage Block and with that sequence select slices of a chopped up
    drum loop in my Micro.

It almost works but not really.

The diagram shows the connections I’ve made in my most successful attempts.
    A quick rundown:
    The bitbox and the voltage block are receiving the same trigger signal from Pam’s. The sequence from the VB is then being sent to a CV input on the Micro set to ”CV”. I then set the ”Slice”-parameters CV input to that same channel and turn the amount up to 100%. I’ve also set the Slice Seq to ”None”. I should mention that I’ve also tried sending the same CV sequence that’s going into ”Slice” but that didn’t really work either.

What ends up happening when I set it up this way is that when I hold a step on the VB it latches on to the corresponding slice in the sample, but not instantaneously. Its like there’s some latency there that makes it impossible to make accurate, looped sequences from the sample. And when I hold down two or more steps the slices just starts bouncing everywhere. I have tried replacing the VB with a looped random sequence from Pam’s, but it’s the same problem there; the loop doesn't loop properly.

So my question is if there’s some setting I’ve overlooked?
    The sliced sample is synced to the clock and quantised (I’ve tried different values here). I should also mention that I for the most part clock the Micro via midi from BSP but I have tried unplugging the BSP and the result is the same.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Namnlös (1).png
Views:	74
Size:	535.1 KB
ID:	24218

Just realized I posted in the wrong forum..

Comment

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      no worries. I moved it.

Are you sending the correct pitches (CV) from the VB to the micro? If you look at the KEYS grid (touch Keys > ►) you can see that the grid is limited to the number of slices in your wav file. The Slices are mapped from C2, advancing chromatically for each slice (C2, C#2, etc). If you send C2, you should hear Slice 1. You are correct in mapping the CV to Slice but make sure you use 1v/Oct rather than a %.

Comment

• echobravo
      echobravo commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the reply, Steve!
      Gonna do some more testing with this in mind.

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      The other consideration for your setup is the timing of the arrival of the CV+Gate pair. They should be 10ms or less apart. The VB might also need some time to settle before activating the gate.

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Are you sending the correct pitches (CV) from the VB to the micro? If you look at the KEYS grid (touch Keys > ►) you can see that the grid is limited to the number of slices in your wav file. The Slices are mapped from C2, advancing chromatically for each slice (C2, C#2, etc). If you send C2, you should hear Slice 1.
    Super good suggestion to check the KEYS grid! I never thought of that.

Comment

Working...
    X