known bugs for bitbox micro latest firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• known bugs for bitbox micro latest firmware

Hey there! just getting aqainted with this incredible piece and community. Downloaded recent Firmware and am running into a few repeatable bugs. When I record audio from my system back into a new pad, it seems to work great, but then when I go to rename that sample, the file corrupts and huge chunks of the audio go missing... Is there anything Im doing wrong here?

Im also having some problems loading longer samples in general. I have some stems that are ~5 minutes long or so, and when I load them onto a pad, there'll be these huge gaps cut out in the wave form, And they won't play at all, despite the playhead scrubbing through upon launching.
    Attached Files

Comment

Which firmware version (as a number) are you using?

Comment

on further tinkering, I see it kinda chopping chunks out of my longer samples (stems) even when I drill one layer deeper on the menu from the Home Screen. For ex, I’m on Home Screen pads, select a longer sample and click the right arrow. Then when it loads up the visual of the waveform, there’s huge chunks missing and playback actually blanks during those missing sections

Comment

Have you tried 1.1.11? It is in beta but we specifically address longer audio files not playing and displaying properly.

Comment

I have not! where can i snag a copy of that?

Comment

Under the 1.1.7 download here.

Comment

My bitbox didn't take kindly to that lol. Downloaded, followed specific instructions to update firmware without replacing presets/samples (didn't have any problem when i updated to 1.1.7) and now despite having the memory card in, it just shows a screen that says Insert MicroSD card. If i get past that, it looks like there's non of my samples / presets inside.

update: i reverted back to 1.1.7 and that updated without any problem. With the 1.1.11 it wouldn't make it past the "erasing" text on the screen.

Comment

Steve any ideas on this one?

Comment

Not yet. We published the beta to address the loading/playback of longer audio files. Some users are seeing the same issue as you and that was not broken in the first place -- so we will address it. I can't give you a timeline but we have not forgotten about our eurorack customers. We are working towards a stable blackbox build and will turn our attention to fixing bugs for the micro and mk2 shortly after.

thanks for your patience.

Comment

Sorry, you feel that way. Longer audio files can be problematic for various reasons. We are a small team and do our best to stay on top of bugs. We recently hired a developer and I would expect slightly higher productivity. Still, we do not make promises or give dates or approximations for features and bug fixes. Obviously, bug fixes are more important.

All I can say is "we hear you. we know this issue exists and it will be fixed"

Comment

Hi hi again! Loving this latest firmware!
                        One strange thing started happening, no matter what I have a samples "Outs" set to, it seems to be coming out of 1&2, in addition to any other outs I have selected. So for example I've got the Sample's Output set to 5/6, and it goes out of 5/6 but also thru 1&2. Feels like it just started doing this. Whats also weird if i go to another patch i have saved, it seems to work fine going only out 5/6... maybe some settings im missing? thank uuuuuu @steve <3

Comment

Running on 1.1.16 I believe. I finally started playing with the granular playback after being focused solely on sample slicing previously. A couple issues that I noticed in the granular functionality:

- If I tried to modulate the start position from external CV, I found I had to set it below 45% or it would frequently set the start position at the very end of the sample and then be silent when trying to play grains from there. Maybe my CV input was just too high, but 45% seems like a relatively low range, so maybe something else is going on in there?

- If I recorded a new sample for my granular pad, it would always reset all my grain settings, which feels to me like a bug. The speed, density, window, and everything else would get put back to default, so I'd have to go back and change all those again manually. For live performance especially, being able to feed in a new recording with the same grain settings would be awesome, so hopefully this is something that can be changed in a future update.

Very excited to explore the granular side of this module some more!
                          Last edited by ghosttime; 03-22-2022, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X