No announcement yet.

Output Routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah to be honest I think it is more of a bug than a feature having a redundant pair of outputs which you can't use for anything aside from monitoring the vanilla mix-out for all pads.... surely when we take individual outs it is because we are going to further process the sounds in eurorack... why then would we need to hear the unprocessed sounds all mixed together? It just seems like something which would never be needed, has no application and renders the two outputs useless, making bitbox micro a 6 channel device rather than an 8 channel when it could easily be 8

Comment

Even thou I understand the idea of a mix, it doesn't work for the option to send sampled gate and CV signals out, instead of audio signals. (as LonzoB mentioned). Then the mix suddenly comes with clicks and noises that were not intended for audio amplification.

Comment

Having watched this product go from an idea on a piece of paper to a powerful little sampler in only 18hp, I am still a bit surprised to read the pushback to the mix outputs. It has, at times, been a bit hostile. For the record, the mix outputs were meant to be a convenience. Of course, we understand that users take advantage of the individual outputs though we also know it can be easier - sometimes - to work with all channels together to remove the necessity for the external/additional mixer. It is also important to note that every other bitbox module features 4 outputs. Micro features 6 + stereo mix.

Please know that we pay close attention to the forum and we read pretty much every post and comment. We hear the request for this.

Comment

• David Helbich
          David Helbich commented
          Editing a comment
          Indeed, I think the mix is actually very convenient, Steve!
          My only concern is the CV/gate. And once working with an external mixer, that the FX of out2 and 3 getting through at out1.
          But this is simply due to my own practice.
          Thanks for all the care!

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        For the record, the mix outputs were meant to be a convenience...
        Thanks Steve, I am glad you guys are responsive and open to user feedback. I think most of the response might be due to seeing the output routing not as a convenience - but an unnecessary limitation.
        Last edited by LonzoB; 08-29-2020, 12:09 PM.

Comment

As a brand new user, after re-reading all comments, writing (and deleting) a few incorrect comments myself, I've arrived at the following conclusion:

If I use the internal effects AND CV playback (let's say only out of output 3), I am left with the following output options:

Outputs 1&2 carry internal effects and therefore become either just FX outs or a mix out - at least for all samples that are sent to the internal effects (when they are also sent to these outputs)
          Output 3 outputs the CV recording
          Output 4, 5 and 6 are freely assignable to samples or other CV recordings
          Outputs 7&8 are unusable (unless I want to be a fake Ryoji Ikeda)

Is this correct?

If so, then the lack of this feature is not a deal-breaker. Even if I use two separate CV recordings, I still have one proper mix output and an extra pair of outputs for sample playback. This is acceptable and in fact still quite amazing for a sampler of this size and price.

However, if it is technically possible, I would actually suggest this change:

- route FX wet signals only to outputs 7&8
          - make it possible to remove sounds from outputs 7&8 (the original feature request)

This would give me:

a very useful master output that I can use to create a mix or just as outputs for the internal effects
          six versatile outputs that I can use for anything.

Comment

Output 7 + 8 is useless .... because one can assign to output 1-2 whatever he wants, so we have 2 other outputs ..... For me it is a very useful modification

Comment

I also back this, I really want channels 1-6 to not route to out 7/8 outs when I use those outputs. An example of why this feature would be useful.
              outputs 1-6 output drum sounds independent of outs 7/8, then outputs 7/8 can be fore stereo samples and multisampled instruments.

Please implement this feature request!

Comment

Big yes please from me!

I would settle for an option that takes a pad out of the Master mix, when you choose to route it through one of the other outs.

I think that by including this master output, yall have opened pandora's box! theres two more jacks on there now, why not make them as routable as possible?
                its just too useful! dont you want the best for us? we love you!

I would really love to see output 7+8 be able to change between working as master outs, or "OUT7" and "OUT8" or c/v, as with the other outputs.

the blank slate routability and potential for expression this thing has is incredible, and really defines it, in my experience so far. thank you for making a powerful, affordable tool!

really appreciate all the work you put into these products

Comment

Any updates on this please 1010 peoples?

Comment

I'd like this as well - in fact I assumed outputs 1-6 would be removed from the main outs as it's almost standard. With how I want to work with the Micro, I simply can't use all 8 pads - it is a 6 pad device if you want to do any independent processing at all.

Comment

I think the mixer need just more flexibility, and it's obvious that an 8 pads sampler should use is 8 outputs, or have 4 stereos, or a mix between.
                      Maybe we should try to gain more attention with asking others users in other social media if it's something they would like ? like facebook groups, or comments under loopop youtube video...

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        Having watched this product go from an idea on a piece of paper to a powerful little sampler in only 18hp, I am still a bit surprised to read the pushback to the mix outputs. It has, at times, been a bit hostile. For the record, the mix outputs were meant to be a convenience. Of course, we understand that users take advantage of the individual outputs though we also know it can be easier - sometimes - to work with all channels together to remove the necessity for the external/additional mixer. It is also important to note that every other bitbox module features 4 outputs. Micro features 6 + stereo mix.

Please know that we pay close attention to the forum and we read pretty much every post and comment. We hear the request for this.
                        FYI -- we pay less attention to social media groups or outside buzz. This forum is still the best place to ask for changes.

Comment

would also love this!

Comment

Working...
                          X