+1 - this is the reason I bought a Disting EX

Leave a comment:

• adicembre
    replied
    +1 this is the reason I bought it

Leave a comment:

• fabianlaute
    replied
    +1, its kind of a letdown. i enjoy everything else about the bbm though.
    theoretically its simply a sample and hold that samples the current pitch-cv when receiving a trigger and then treats it as a trigger for a oneshot of the sample. decay/length could then be controlled via a 3rd voltage, which is also s&h when trigger is received.

Leave a comment:

• Hezza11
    replied
    +1 yep same, slightly shocked this isn’t a feature. I can understand what constitutes a new note with cv/gate and aftertouch/pitchshift could get confusing but at least let it be an option.

The Disting EX handles it well, it also allows you to have up to 3 cv/gate combos all triggering the same multi sample.

https://youtu.be/Ytc8_5BhEIA

Leave a comment:

• Liquid Spaceman
    replied
    +1 from here as well.

Just got the module today, and the first thing I wanted to do was multisample triggering with CV+Gate. Disapointed to see it's not possible. The option of having the same multisample in several pads is OK, but a bit limiting when you have to share the total of 80 samples. It just gives you a little more than 3 octaves of multisamples.

Leave a comment:

• rcfraley
    replied
    +1 Agree with others. This was the promise of the module for me. Nothing in the manual indicates that this is not possible.

Leave a comment:

• Dasein1980
    replied
    +1. I bought the Micro module for CV+gate polyphony to use with creative sequencers like Marbles, Bloom, and Melodicer, and was completely shocked to discover that it did not have this. It seems counterintuitive that Micro has a trigger playback mode of samples and v/oct control of multisamples, but that these two features are not compatible to the point of allowing polyphony on the same pad.

Leave a comment:

• mewraz
    replied
    +1 for this! Since it works over midi it feels like the module is capable of this.

Leave a comment:

• modularbeat
    replied
    Yep. We really need this.

Leave a comment:

• twotonfeather
    replied
    +1
    Polyphony via cv would be fantastic

Leave a comment:

• DirkWiggler
    replied
    +1! I thought this was already possible and just bought a second hand Micro. Bummer. Being able to set it for 4-note polyphony would be very beneficial to free up inputs!

Leave a comment:

• deadpixel
    replied
    After seeing the Bitbox being played polyphonically through MIDI, I was also expecting CV/gate sample playback to have a polyphonic option. I read the whole manual then found @indoninjah's thread which answers my question. Love the Bitbox so far, but I'm also super bummed that this isn't possible as it seems the module has the capacity for it.

What I was hoping for was polyphony a-la Rings, ie being able to set the sample to "Trigger" and let the notes rings out over one another. There could be a setting for selecting the maximum number of voices available. CV over pitch would only affect the "next" voice, enabling chords to be built up.

This would be such a killer feature, I hope you consider it for future firmware revisions!

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    that will work if you split your incoming gate signal as the gate to pad connection is 1:1

• rayultine
    replied
    Wait, can't we just copy/paste something into new cells, set those to be monophonic and respond to pitch CV?

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    This is a great topic for the wish list thread. That is where we look first when making these decisions. (I will move this to the micro wishlist thread)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X