Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deadpixel
    replied
    After seeing the Bitbox being played polyphonically through MIDI, I was also expecting CV/gate sample playback to have a polyphonic option. I read the whole manual then found @indoninjah's thread which answers my question. Love the Bitbox so far, but I'm also super bummed that this isn't possible as it seems the module has the capacity for it.

What I was hoping for was polyphony a-la Rings, ie being able to set the sample to "Trigger" and let the notes rings out over one another. There could be a setting for selecting the maximum number of voices available. CV over pitch would only affect the "next" voice, enabling chords to be built up.

This would be such a killer feature, I hope you consider it for future firmware revisions!

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    that will work if you split your incoming gate signal as the gate to pad connection is 1:1

• rayultine
    replied
    Wait, can't we just copy/paste something into new cells, set those to be monophonic and respond to pitch CV?

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    This is a great topic for the wish list thread. That is where we look first when making these decisions. (I will move this to the micro wishlist thread)

Leave a comment:

• indoninjah
    started a topic Gate+CV Polyphony

Gate+CV Polyphony

For future reference, could this be made more clear in the manual? I was really excited about this feature and I'm pretty bummed that it's not available. Polyphonic sample playback is pretty rare and was basically the sole reason I grabbed Bitbox Micro over anything else.

Is there any hope to see this in a future software update? The poly playback is already there, as is the ability to trigger samples via CV and gate. I'd be 100% happy if it were even just trigger-only, play the full length of the sample per trig, with no slides or repitches or anything. Mutable Rings has a similar way to turn a single v/o sequence into polyphony.
Working...
X