Latency issues with micro bitbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latency issues with micro bitbox

Hi guys I hope you’re all well. I wanted to ask if I’m the only one getting quite a bit of latency with the module. Has anyone ever done test comparing analog voices getting triggered vs bitbox sampler ? I did the comparison with a chimera from wmd which btw is also digital and does have 1 or 2 ms delay from analog stuff but these are the results I got: (see picture) I’m getting 9ms delay which for one shots is a lot. I’ve always heard it sound a bit off but now I know why.

im using a fast sd card. My samples are 24 bit 48.

if anyone has been recording etc and knows how I can improve this it would be much appreciated

I was hoping someone would chime in on this thread. I've been trying to use the BBM as my main drums (simply triggering one-shots on 3-4 channels, so clearly not overloading the engine) together with some other percussion modules, but the latency is audible and transients get smeared all over the place. My measurement stands at 10ms, which is frankly just not acceptable. It's not just elitist knit-picking - people notice that the kick sounds off when the transient of it flams with other sounds, and the groove is ruined.

Is there ANY way, with settings, audio quality or whatever, that this can be reduced to an acceptable level (say, 5ms or less)? If it's not possible to address this, I'll have to find another sampler, which is really sad because I love the features on this thing otherwise.

Comment

Working...
    X