Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import midi file from DAW

Hi!

I've just got a toolbox and this is my first module of 1010 music. Trying to import midi file which comes from DAW. For instance, the midi file has 4 quarter notes sounds like a C-D-E-F on the DAW. After importing the file into toolbox's note sequencer via SD card, it shows and plays 8 of 8th note, C-C-D-D-E-E-F-F. I can't figure out this is a bug or my misunderstanding.

Please let me know how to fix that.

I have a similar issue, that I'm trying to solve, since I got the module:
    instead of using a midi keyboard, or importing midi, I play the sequence directly in the daw ( I tried both logic and ableton live and I have same results), and I record directly into the noteseq of the toolbox. when I press rec, it records the sequence with the same notes, but the length of the gates is twice the ones I wrote in the daw, and the pitch transposition of the sequence is 2 octaves above! Can't find any solution yet!

Comment

• acdc8
      acdc8 commented
      Editing a comment
      OM...I sent an email to 1010 about this issue. We will see...

midi import has kind of the same problem:
    length of gate this time is normal, but sequence transposition is 2 octaves above. struggling using it for bass lines. I tried with different midi files. Does anybody have those issues? any clue how to solve them?
    big midi files don't get read btw, not even the first 64 steps, It's not a big deal even though it would be nice if it was possible to read them, at least the beginning of the sequence and eventually choose 64steps from a longer sequence. running firmware 1.14

Comment

Toolbox 1.1.5 fixes the MIDI import issue. Please give it a try and let us know how it works.

Download Toolbox 1.1.5

Thank you

Comment

thank you so much for the new update! Unfortunately, my 2 issues are still in there:

- plus 2 octaves transposition.
        example: in the daw C3, on toolbox C5

- some midi files can't be read:
        I can't understand why some midi files coming from different midi libraries can't be read...I thought it was because of the size of the files but actually this isn't the problem. I was checking in the daw, comparing those ones with midi files that the toolbox can read, and they look very similar, they are also less than 64 steps. I can't figure out the problem!

Comment

Originally posted by prvntk View Post
          thank you so much for the new update! Unfortunately, my 2 issues are still in there:

- plus 2 octaves transposition.
          example: in the daw C3, on toolbox C5

- some midi files can't be read:
          I can't understand why some midi files coming from different midi libraries can't be read...I thought it was because of the size of the files but actually this isn't the problem. I was checking in the daw, comparing those ones with midi files that the toolbox can read, and they look very similar, they are also less than 64 steps. I can't figure out the problem!
          Prvntk, could you please use the Contact Us page on our website to reach out to us directly and send us a sample of a file that doesn’t work? That would help us identify the problem. Thanks! Christine

Comment

Hello Christine! Thank you for the prompt reply, I just sent a msg on the "contact us" page.

Comment

I have also some issue when i try to import a 64 step long midi file from cubase.
              the name of the midi track is shown right,
              but when i load in I'll be left with a blank piano roll window... tired this several times with different midi tracks, unfortunately all the same... no notes are contained in my piano roll. I even tried just one 16 note length...nothing.
              is there a special way of configuration to the midi track to be recognized... couldn't find any leading advices in the manual...

thanx

Comment

Working...
              X