MIDI routing again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIDI routing again

I found an old post stating that MIDI Thru only works for the active cell - i.e. if one plays notes through MIDI controller on channel 1 to Toolbox MIDI In, these notes will only appear on the MIDI Out Channel of active cell. Is this still true ? Is there no way to allow the notes through Toolbox on the channel they have arrived ?

I suppose a workaround would be to split the MIDI signal coming from the controller into two branches - one going into Toolbox, another going into a MIDI merge box. Then the out of the Toolbox would go into the same MIDI Merge box, and the out of the MIDI merge box then continnues towards modules/synths.
    But this just seems such a hassle, when all it is needed is an option for Toolbox to thru the incoming MIDI to output ..
    (this would be needed to split the MIDI controller keyboard and be able to play live alongside the Toolbox sequences, so for example MIDI controller on channel 1 would go directly to the synth, and at the same time any Toolbox sequences playing to channel 1 would be going to the same synth..)
    Last edited by psirca; 05-14-2021, 02:58 AM.

Buy 1010 ToolBox or go for SL MKiii or even Hermod ?
    While Toolbox may be a step ahead from competition, and while 2.1.2 is a very substantial release, the silence in this forum worries me too much to invest 600EUR ..

Comment

Originally posted by psirca View Post
      Buy 1010 ToolBox or go for SL MKiii or even Hermod ?
      While Toolbox may be a step ahead from competition, and while 2.1.2 is a very substantial release, the silence in this forum worries me too much to invest 600EUR ..
      Yep, it's had it's final release , not much on in here

Comment

We do have this issue logged in our bug database. However, we do not have any plans to update toolbox firmware at this point. Sorry to disappoint.

Comment

Working...
        X