Master clock sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master clock sync

I'm trying to use the Toolbox with Pamela's New Workout. I would like to hit 'Play' on the Toolbox and have it run Pam. Then when I hit 'Play' again, to stop, it should stop Pam.

Things I've tried:

1. Pamela's New Workout as master clock. Sent a gate signal to CV MOD IN 4. When I start Pam's it starts the Toolbox. The problem is I cant control tempo changes. Pressing stop on pam doesnt send another gate signal so the Toolbox keeps running.

2. Sent pos square wave LFO from Toolbox to Pam's 'Run' input. This will run Pam but its always on. Again, no way to control tempo changes and stop both modules at the same time.

Does anyone have an idea of how to use these two modules together and have them be in sync? There is an expander module to Pam's that will provide a 3.5mm MIDI clock output. Would this work?

I am not familiar with the PNW but I sometimes just use one of the Gate sequencers as a clock source for other modules. Therefore the clock is only generated when you are in PLAY mode.
    Maybe this would work for your setup too.

Comment

(NOT)SOLVED

Here's what ended up working.

Toolbox: Gate Output 4, step length 1/8, step count 16

Pamela's New Workout: PPQN set to 4. Clock Input changed form 'RUN: Y' to RS (Reset)

Connect gate output 4 to Pam's clock input. Now pressing play will not only run but STOP Pam! Tempo changes from Toolbox will also change the tempo on Pam's.
      Last edited by bbartokk; 05-13-2019, 09:14 AM.

Comment

UPDATE

I changed the post above to NOT solved because after spending some time with it I noticed that the steps were off. Doing the steps above when I pressed 'Play' on the toolbox it would trigger Pamela's New Workout to start. However, there was then a small pause and then it would run. This caused the sequence to be off by 1/16th of a beat. I need to spend some time to see if changing the gate lengths or gate step values would fix this.

Comment

I use the same workflow. Pnw as a master clock buuuut i have the px2 expansion and works like a charm!!!!!!

Comment

• bbartokk
            bbartokk commented
            Editing a comment
            I've been debating on whether the px2 expansion was needed. Can you tell me how you have it connected? Any special cable required?

I've been trying to sync MIDI clock (Elektron Model:Samples to Toolbox MIDI input) Nothing works.
          Even when I go to an individual cell and change the CLK Source to EXT1.

Is there a global MIDI master/slave setting?

Toolbox as the master clock works fine.

Comment

I also use PAM as the master clock with a Px2, then MIDI from Px2 to Toolbox, which works great.

Comment

Working...
            X