Toolbox 1.1.1 Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toolbox 1.1.1 Discussion

This is the place for comments, suggestions, bug reports, and whatever for toolbox 1.1.1.

CV Recording crashes and reboots toolbox.

Steps:
    1. Make a cell a CREC
    2. Hit record.

Result:
    The unit freezes and restarts. A zero KB file is created (RC000001.wav).

Comment

Here is a video of the bug: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jks8q4rt6v...46.07.mov?dl=0

Comment

I also had a weird firmware update experience which I cant repro. The first download/install caused some weird numbers to be at the top of the screen. A second install of the firmware made it go away... Image attached.

Comment

I guess one thing that may come up now that you can record into Toolbox; it would be useful to be able to delete wavefiles without needing to move the SD card back to a computer. I have these small CV recording files that are useless or I no longer want and have to do the SD dance to get rid of them...

Comment

nohumans,

Thanks for the quick feedback. I just posted build 1.1.1A which will fix the crashing when recording. I will make a note on the other issues.

Comment

What's the range of the CREC? Is it -5V to +5V? It seems to truncate anything above 5V.

Comment

Thanks Aaron for another update! Really coming along now!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  What's the range of the CREC? Is it -5V to +5V? It seems to truncate anything above 5V.
                  That's right. The hardware is constrained to -5V through +5V on both input and output.

Comment

the Crec Cplay feature is really cool, I would love to use it as a modulation source for the tool box, similar to how the LFO's and sequencers can.

Comment

Is there or will there be a way to synchronize the start of a CREC to clock? I want to ensure I can capture a 1/2/4 bar loop of CREC and trigger it on time.

Comment

If you're using the appropriate Rec Quantize and Length settings, your loop should be synced to the incoming clock, but as far as triggering it in time, CPLY doesn't have quantize settings yet.

Comment

Bug: Flip UI is not remembered across power cycles.

Steps:
                          1. Press and Hold HOME to enter settings mode.
                          2. Press Settings.
                          3. Enable flip UI to ON.
                          4. Either wait a long time (over night for me), or quickly power cycle toolbox, or pull out and re-insert the SD card.

Result:
                          FLIP UI Mode is not remembered and you must re-enable it using steps 1-3 above.

Expected result:
                          Flip UI should be remembered.

Video example:
                          https://www.dropbox.com/s/e7amunzk5c...51.01.mov?dl=0

Comment

Feature Request: Flip UI mode should align better with the knobs.

While the implementation of Flip UI is consistent with the non-flipped version, I keep running into a problem where the knobs aren't aligned with the editing of various functions and I often turn the bottom knob only to edit the wrong thing. It would be great if the top section were bottom justified so that the editable areas aligned with the knobs. I also think this wold be better for the home screen so that the cells are closer/more aligned with the I/O. See attached.

Last edited by nohumans; 04-15-2018, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Jonsroom78@aol.com
                              Jonsroom78@aol.com commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I can’t find where to download the flipped UI versions for all the 1010 products can you help ?

• nohumans
                              nohumans commented
                              Editing a comment
                              If you hold the Home button on Toolbox it will bring up the Settings view. open that and Flip UI is an option there. On Bitbox, hit the home button and press Settings, then Flip UI.
                          Working...
                          X