Any news on new features?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news on new features?

Can't wait to hear news....Random, probability, song mode?

Our policy is that we don’t discuss new features until they are ready. We are a very small team so please be patient with us. We just did an fxbox update beta that we are still cleaning up. And we are working on something new. We are making our way through the products one by one while balancing that with new product development. We haven’t forgotten about Toolbox.

Comment

That has annoyed me. Its my policy to spend alot of money on a product within this community without "policy"

Thanks alot. I'll trade the module in for an Eloquencer.
      Last edited by markyzno; 08-28-2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Markyzno,

I apologize for our annoying you. Please don't get the wrong impression. We love to hear and discuss your ideas, suggestions, complaints, etc. We want you to be extremely happy and avoid disappointing you. We have lots of ideas and possible directions--just take a look around the forums. Until we have something ready to show, there isn't really any news. I'm not sure what kind of news you are asking for.

Let me know if I am missing something. Thank you for your support.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          Markyzno,

I apologize for our annoying you. Please don't get the wrong impression. We love to hear and discuss your ideas, suggestions, complaints, etc. We want you to be extremely happy and avoid disappointing you. We have lots of ideas and possible directions--just take a look around the forums. Until we have something ready to show, there isn't really any news. I'm not sure what kind of news you are asking for.

Let me know if I am missing something. Thank you for your support.
          Thats OK. Probably something got lost in translation.

Comment

Not throwing shade here as I own and use both the Toolbox AND the Eloquencer. If you're looking for frequent updates.... https://github.com/enoughframes there hasn't been one to the eloquencer in 7 months. These guys are good people, so is the guy behind the Eloquencer and both are great sequencers in their own ways. But one of the reasons I love 1010 in general is how connected to their users that they are. Give them another shot man... they're good people.

Comment

been giving the toolbox a shot and I'm already thinking about switching to eloquencer. I like the toolbox but, i have probability and ease of use on my octatrack + circadian does gates so well. The toolbox is acting like too much of a TOOLBOX ... i want it to be a better SEQUENCER. Probability on the gates + cv and not having to adjust step length to do triplets would make me KEEP IT
              forever.

Comment

Hi there,
                i can totaly agree. Wanting to see some progress for toolbox, after seeing more and more new products are released i feel like there will never come trough all the whishes we make here... It has such a potential to be a great sequencer but so limited by now... Being not able to even fine dial the gate length of your notes is quite annoying. Besides to have some more tools in the box like envelopes, rateratches, more scales and of cause probability, random direction and so on so fouth. And please get rid of these ridiculous white frames with their mute funktion, i am able to push the home button for it, thanks As long the ver2 isnt realy there, i think ill run laser box on it, so i have at least somthing nice to watch^^

Dont get me wrong here i realy like the concept of toolbox and would like it to be outstanding.
                If it takes time to do so, for sure but dont give up!i am willing to wait for it, just keep on improving it
                it is sill in its eggshell but with capabilities to grow inconceivable ways.

Comment

I'm curious if the team has any news regarding the Toolbox? Been very happy with the module's ability to assign different things depending on need. I also love the UI and find it very intuitive. When I bought the module I definitely was excited about the idea of updates, and have seen lots of great ideas here in the forum, and have actually been hoping for envelopes as an option. I know the policy is not to speak about things before they are finalized, which is your prerogative, but I'd just like to mention that my experience with other companies that implement firmware/feature updates is that everyone is really patient with them as long as they know there is something happening. Again, it's your prerogative to go about this the way you wish, but I just wanted to add we are all excited about the products, they are unique and well thought out, and knowing things are on the horizon may sway some folks towards longer engagement with the products and less whinging. Just my two cents. Thanks so much for the fun musical instruments!

Comment

I would be very surprised if there are any updates of the magnitude you guys are asking for. 1010 is done with the toolbox. They don't care. They are focused on the 2.0 bitbox micro and the blackbox. Everything else is secondary. I have to wonder if 1010 hadn't spent time writing half-baked alternative firmware for the bitbox 1.0 if maybe they could have like written a manual for the toolbox or fixed some of the bugs. Or even at least listened to the users before making radical UI changes that leave us loyalists high and dry.

Seriously, if you are considering any 1010 product, just look elsewhere because like they said they are a small team and #2, they don't care about what you want. I don't think anyone was on the forums asking for a laser-control firmware, yet it exists. Instead of focusing on the features you want, instead of making their product useful and more powerful, they are driven by their own ego and own product desires and if you don't share them, get out of the way.

Communities *usually* exist, e.g. forums like this one, because makers want to listen to their actual users. I have been bringing up BitBox and Toolbox bugs for probably close to 3 years now and I'm sick of never seeing any results. All of you asking for things like envelopes or midi stuff, no way is that ever going to happen. I doubt there will even be a fix for the horrible 2.x toolbox UI 'features' like muting parts for no reason (e.g. outside of mute mode). These decisions are all made by 1010 in a complete vacuum and I don't even know if they have beta testers, because I never heard or see videos from them, so it really makes me wonder. How much feedback are you actually incorporating into your designs?

I'm failing to see the point of these forums too as no one listens at 1010 to what we are saying, and everyone who's hating on 1010 for acting the way they do are on a different forum that 1010 doesn't seem to want any part of, thus their own forum system.

Buy a blackbox or just forget about it. That seems like the only product they care about and the BitBox shares some code with it, so it will get a little bit of help too. But like things like the micro being more powerful at auto-sampling than the full-sized bitbox, can anyone figure that one out? I buy a more expensive product and get less features and it takes up more HP. Wow seems brilliant.

Aaron if you're listening: I supported you guys as much as any customer could. I owned a very early toolbox and also two early BitBoxes. And I helped evangelize the toolbox by doing numerous performances with it, showing it to people how it worked, and more importantly, EXPLAINING THE DAMN THING because the manual was so inadequate. Seriously there are at least 3 or 4 people who bought one and were going to send it back after they realized the documentation was so poor. I convinced them not to do that, essentially writing my own manual for the stupid module and emailing it to them.

Aaron: It's obvious that you guys have given up on the toolbox but you won't say so because you probably have some units still at stores or in inventory but your actions couldn't speak any louder. The product has never been well-supported and never will be and that makes me thing the same of all 1010 products.

Aaron: I offered to pay for firmware updates. I suggested crowd-sourcing them. Both of these options were neglected as if they were stupid. I don't know what further overtures I can make to you to try to resolve some of the long-standing bugs and horrible new "improvements" to the toolbox that have made it a worthless POS now. I can't perform with the new firmware, it's impossible. All my old sequences from 1.x are worthless because I can't switch between them. Unbelievable.

Everyone else: Don't get locked into a high-dollar modular that isn't supported.

Comment

Originally posted by tuj View Post
                      I would be very surprised if there are any updates of the magnitude you guys are asking for. 1010 is done with the toolbox. They don't care. They are focused on the 2.0 bitbox micro and the blackbox. Everything else is secondary. I have to wonder if 1010 hadn't spent time writing half-baked alternative firmware for the bitbox 1.0 if maybe they could have like written a manual for the toolbox or fixed some of the bugs. Or even at least listened to the users before making radical UI changes that leave us loyalists high and dry.

Seriously, if you are considering any 1010 product, just look elsewhere because like they said they are a small team and #2, they don't care about what you want. I don't think anyone was on the forums asking for a laser-control firmware, yet it exists. Instead of focusing on the features you want, instead of making their product useful and more powerful, they are driven by their own ego and own product desires and if you don't share them, get out of the way.

Communities *usually* exist, e.g. forums like this one, because makers want to listen to their actual users. I have been bringing up BitBox and Toolbox bugs for probably close to 3 years now and I'm sick of never seeing any results. All of you asking for things like envelopes or midi stuff, no way is that ever going to happen. I doubt there will even be a fix for the horrible 2.x toolbox UI 'features' like muting parts for no reason (e.g. outside of mute mode). These decisions are all made by 1010 in a complete vacuum and I don't even know if they have beta testers, because I never heard or see videos from them, so it really makes me wonder. How much feedback are you actually incorporating into your designs?

I'm failing to see the point of these forums too as no one listens at 1010 to what we are saying, and everyone who's hating on 1010 for acting the way they do are on a different forum that 1010 doesn't seem to want any part of, thus their own forum system.

Buy a blackbox or just forget about it. That seems like the only product they care about and the BitBox shares some code with it, so it will get a little bit of help too. But like things like the micro being more powerful at auto-sampling than the full-sized bitbox, can anyone figure that one out? I buy a more expensive product and get less features and it takes up more HP. Wow seems brilliant.

Aaron if you're listening: I supported you guys as much as any customer could. I owned a very early toolbox and also two early BitBoxes. And I helped evangelize the toolbox by doing numerous performances with it, showing it to people how it worked, and more importantly, EXPLAINING THE DAMN THING because the manual was so inadequate. Seriously there are at least 3 or 4 people who bought one and were going to send it back after they realized the documentation was so poor. I convinced them not to do that, essentially writing my own manual for the stupid module and emailing it to them.

Aaron: It's obvious that you guys have given up on the toolbox but you won't say so because you probably have some units still at stores or in inventory but your actions couldn't speak any louder. The product has never been well-supported and never will be and that makes me thing the same of all 1010 products.

Aaron: I offered to pay for firmware updates. I suggested crowd-sourcing them. Both of these options were neglected as if they were stupid. I don't know what further overtures I can make to you to try to resolve some of the long-standing bugs and horrible new "improvements" to the toolbox that have made it a worthless POS now. I can't perform with the new firmware, it's impossible. All my old sequences from 1.x are worthless because I can't switch between them. Unbelievable.

Everyone else: Don't get locked into a high-dollar modular that isn't supported.
                      You always have tomorrow to look forward too . Paul's releasing a new firmware for the E352 and E370 tomorrow with NEW FEATURES ;-)

Comment

Hello all,

We care and we are listening.

I believe we have already covered the above topics at the end of this thread, including some insight on what is coming next:
                        https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...x-2-0-feedback

Thank you for your support.

Comment

Working...
                        X