Does the clock input work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the clock input work?

What kind of clock does Toolbox expect to see at the CLOCK input? I have been trying to get Toolbox to trigger reliably by feeding it clock (into the CLOCK input) and gates (into the CV MOD IN 4 to start/stop playback). The gates work fine but I can't get the clock to be steady. I'm using a Pamela's NEW! workout as the master clock.

We have discovered some issues with the clock input on toolbox. Please stay tuned for am update in the next few days.

Comment

Awesome, Aaron! Thanks!

Comment

Please check out the updated clock code in Toolbox 1.0.2.

Comment

Hi,
          Got my Toolbox last night, updated to v. 1.0.2.. Clock out from Pamela's New Workout to clock input, gate in to CV mod 4, Trying to sync with PNW, it appears to be stepping on the falling edge of the clock input. I didn't have much time with it I'll look again tonight. Also, is this correct that it wants a positive trigger to both start & stop, why not gate high start, gate low stop. Or am I missing something? I am driving an Audio Damage ADM06 & Blacet Hex Zone with no problems from PNW. Nohumans have you had any success with this, how are you controlling start/stop from PNW? Any suggestions, tips would be appreciated.
          Thanks
          Last edited by yesman; 01-03-2018, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Yesman,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties.

Yes, toolbox is looking for the positive edge of the clock and gate signals. In reviewing the code, I can see how there might be an issue depending upon the timing between the clock and gate. Do these occur at exactly the same time? Does Pamela's Workout keep the clock constantly running? I look forward to hearing more.

Aaron

Comment

Hi Aaron,
              I'm not in front of my kit at the moment, PNW clock does not run continuously. I would say that yes the clock and gate start at the same instant, I'll check this on my scope when I get home. I believe that I might be able to delay one or the other. As to the gate, I've stopped PNW and the Toolbox kept running though there was no clock coming from PNW - I will need to double check this as I was trying alsorts of configs. I'm a little confused as to the correct signal for the start/stop gating function. Does it require a positive trigger pulse at start and then waits for another positive pulse to stop? Why not gate high start, gate low stop? I did find that with the Blacet Hex Zone it would miss the first clock, so I just input a constant 5v to the run input, syncs perfect, starts/stops with the clock input. Tried a similar set-up with the toolbox but since the gate works differently this did not work. I am inputting the clock to the clock in jack, clock is set for INT, but the hierarchy is CLOCK IN, MIDI IN, INT correct? Is this determined by a jack insert or presence of signal at the input?
              Thanks for your time,
              Brian
              Last edited by yesman; 01-03-2018, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Toolbox requires a positive gate to CV Mod 4 to start the sequencer. Another positive edge stops the sequencer. We used this approach because it clearly indicates when the CV has moved. Let me know if you need anything.

Comment

Aaron
                  Had some time, heavy snow day off. I may be looking at a problem with my PNW, clocking from my ADM06 seems to be fine. Bad timing, if you will excuse the pun. I'll post a final result when I get there.
                  Thanks for your time,
                  B-
                  Last edited by yesman; 01-04-2018, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the update. To answer an earlier question, Clock takes priority over MIDI clock. When neither are present, toolbox uses the internal clock and BPM set under the play button.

The INT setting is different. It lets you choose whether your sequencers are clocking from the master clock (controlled by Clock input, MIDI, etc.) or whether the step is advanced by one of the EXT inputs.

Take care,

Aaron

Comment

Working...
                    X