Toolbox 2.0 feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toolbox 2.0 feedback

Please check out the new beta and let us know what you think below.

I can't find the quantizer, I.E. Root Note & Key Mode. Is it missing in the new 2.0 beta?

Comment

It's still there, but harder to find. Select EXT4 and press info.

Comment

Just seen the update and this is exactly what I wanted. Can't wait to try it out.

Comment

Very exciting! The layer functionality looks really cool. Liking the other stuff too. I also can't wait to check it out.

Comment

We will be updating this version later today. Please stand by.

Comment

Toolbox 1.9.4 is now available. Please check it out.

Comment

Thank you for the new features!
                The layer funktion is great, is there a possibility to get cv control over it, to change a, b, c and d?
                128 steps is perfect, now it has all the length it needs to have

Comment

Why is the sequence stopping when I select it... isnt the home button soposed to do that?
                  now there are two options for doing the same thing...its a bit confusing...
                  However these white frames look nice..
                  As well these seq nummebers at the top would be nice these match up with the output nummer on the jack... otherwise they dont make sense to me, or is there a way to need to know wich seq is selected...?

Cheers

Comment

Ok I finally could try it for couple of days and I can say: the new features are amazing, they bring the sequencer to a whole new level,
                    especially the keys + rec function on GATE seqs ,which basically feels like NOTE seqs since you can control the pitch too, if in combination with beatbox on its midi channels, but much easier to edit (genius).

the only thing i miss now it's a "randomize sequence" function for instant seqs creation, otherwise, it is so much fun to use it now. It is finally an instrument, not only a sequencer anymore.
                    I didn't try the cv rec yet, it's something I rarely use, so I don't know if there are bugs in that case.

The only bug I found, which I need it to be fixed:
                    MIDI IMPORT doesn't work AT ALL anymore.
                    Before, most of the basic midi seqs from external libraries couldn't be read, but, at least, I could import the seqs I created on the computer. Now, even those don't work anymore.
                    I don't know if other users have my problem; this is my only concern, otherwise this module is a must have.

Comment

Originally posted by Freequenz View Post
                      Thank you for the new features!
                      The layer funktion is great, is there a possibility to get cv control over it, to change a, b, c and d?
                      128 steps is perfect, now it has all the length it needs to have
                      Would you want to use a voltage range to change the layer, or would it be more like a gate where each time there is a high value on the CV it advances to the next layer?

Comment

• Freequenz
                        Freequenz commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Would be great to have cv control, like a lfo over the layer function. But of course both to choose would be great to have

Originally posted by Freequenz View Post
                      Why is the sequence stopping when I select it... isnt the home button soposed to do that?
                      now there are two options for doing the same thing...its a bit confusing...
                      However these white frames look nice..
                      As well these seq nummebers at the top would be nice these match up with the output nummer on the jack... otherwise they dont make sense to me, or is there a way to need to know wich seq is selected...?

Cheers
                      Each Gate and Note sequence cell now has an active or inactive state. It's active when there is a white square around the cell. You toggle the active state by touching the cell. To select a cell without changing the active state, use the top two knobs.

The text across the top of the screen represents the current recording context. So if it has the number of a sequence, then that is the sequence that will receive the input if you record from keys or MIDI. If the text is the name of a section, then you will be recording a song section. Song sections allow you to record:
                      - Activating and deactivating a sequence cell
                      - changing the active layer for a sequence cell
                      This effectively gives you the ability to "chain" sequences while also having multiple sequences playing with independent start and stop times.

Since not all cells can receive recording inputs, if you move onto a cell (e.g. LFO) that does not accept recorded input, the recording context remains the last cell selected that allowed recording. Therefore, the number at the top of the screen may not reflect the currently selected cell. The pink color shows which is the selected cell.

Keep in mind that pink is selected, but white frame is active, and the two are independent of each other, but both controlled by touching a cell.

Comment

• Freequenz
                        Freequenz commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Alright, thats good to know
                        Thanks for explaining the numbers for the rec destinations, very helpful indeed, wouldn't like to miss them now I guess I have to get used to the frames maybe alsow a nice option to have these as well on cv control... if u r in the note seq to reset the seq while you programing the note seq...

Originally posted by prvntk View Post
                      Ok I finally could try it for couple of days and I can say: the new features are amazing, they bring the sequencer to a whole new level,
                      especially the keys + rec function on GATE seqs ,which basically feels like NOTE seqs since you can control the pitch too, if in combination with beatbox on its midi channels, but much easier to edit (genius).

the only thing i miss now it's a "randomize sequence" function for instant seqs creation, otherwise, it is so much fun to use it now. It is finally an instrument, not only a sequencer anymore.
                      I didn't try the cv rec yet, it's something I rarely use, so I don't know if there are bugs in that case.

Before, most of the basic midi seqs from external libraries couldn't be read, but, at least, I could import the seqs I created on the computer. Now, even those don't work anymore.
                      I don't know if other users have my problem; this is my only concern, otherwise this module is a must have.
                      Thanks for the bug report. I have logged it and we will look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by prvntk View Post

WOW this is a major concern for me. MIDI import was a big reasons why i bought this a few days ago :-/

My Toolbox should arrive in a few days... I hope this bug gets fixed soon.

Comment

CV rec/play (which was bugged to begin with) crashes my module now.
                          Unfortunately the new features are useless to me and the UI seems too crowded.
                          Rolled back to 1.1.9.

Comment

Working...
                          X