No announcement yet.

Toolbox 2.0 feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the feedback. We wanted to give you a chance to check it out before putting the final touches on 2.0. Clearly our work is never done.

Comment

When switching layers, there's a little pause on the first beat, causing the sample to be triggered late, and therefore it's out of sync for the first cycle until it corrects itself the next time around.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        When switching layers, there's a little pause on the first beat, causing the sample to be triggered late, and therefore it's out of sync for the first cycle until it corrects itself the next time around.
        Also happens when changing presets - and if there are other modules connected (like gate outs) they too pause for a sec before catching up.

I realllllllllllly hope this gets finked.

Comment

I've been using the Toolbox with a Bitbox via MIDI. Tonight I swapped out the Bitbox (and some other modules) for a rank of Mannequins from my other system - I need to spend more time with those modules. This is the first time that I've been using CV and gate outputs instead of MIDI, and I ran into one issue: when in playing in Key mode, the Gates are not echoed if you have a NOTE sequencer as the target. I like using this for live playing of patches, but no-go when you are working with CV/Gate instead of MIDI.

Hope that explains things sufficiently.

[ddg]

Comment

Version 2.0.0 is now available in the same beta link:
            https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...olbox-2-0-beta

Thanks for all the testing and suggestions. There was only time for a single enhancement: improved display of the current layer. More details are on the download page.

I hope to see you at Knobcon this weekend.

Comment

The Quick Start Guide for toolbox 2.0 is now available for download. The user manual is coming soon.
              https://1010music.com/toolbox-documentation-software

Comment

I got 2.0 installed and gave it a spin. I need to get used to having activation of the cells like on bitbox, but the layers are super cool on first pass.
                The quick start guide helps too. Excellent work everyone!

Just received my Waverazor today as well, next session I'll be playing with that. So tempted to call in sick
                cheers,
                dug

Comment

hi Aaron found a v2.0 beta bug: my toolbox freezes and restarts when selecting a second ext. modulation source for note sequencer transpose. can you confirm that ?
                  got toolbox and bitbox- great job so far.
                  tip for the next update for all boxes: link source buttons with the source after selecting a source - simple thing but faster workflow
                  cheers from hamburg, germany

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                    Regarding the clock input, that is working for me. Be sure that the master play is on. Then, the clock will advance the sequencer. When there is a 3 second gap in the pulses, the first clock will reset the counter. Let us know if you see otherwise.
                    The only way I’ve been able to clock with an external source is via the CV Mod inputs; a clock into the Clock Input doesn’t seem to have any effect. Do I have to set it up somehow like with the CV Mod ins?

Comment

Any ETA on the 2.0 manual? To a noob it looks like lots of stuff has changed from the 1.1.4 manual!

Comment

Quick question, potentially wrong thread...
                        I’m a bit unclear if toolbox is 8 channel CV/gate or 4. I see 8 CV/gate outs on the unit but I read conflicting information online.

Thanks!

Comment

• withapillow
                          withapillow commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Its 8 channel CV/gate.
                      Working...
                      X