No announcement yet.

Toolbox 2.0 feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this V2 ever going to come out of Beta or is it dead in the water ?

Comment

Originally posted by Filterfreak View Post
      Is this V2 ever going to come out of Beta or is it dead in the water ?
      Yup ... be nice to get an answer about this!

Comment

Thanks for asking. Toolbox is still an active product. I'm sorry to hear about crashing problems. I thought they were all resolved.

We would really appreciate a preset that demonstrates the problems you describe. I did do some quick tests yesterday and came up empty. We will continue to take a look.

Comment

Just updated, and have to say that I do not like the new cell selection process. Using the knobs is pretty counter-intuitive when I am used to just pressing the cell I want to edit. And, as each press is a stop/start instead of a mute, the cell does not start playing at
          similar to my experience
          I tried out the V2 beta today, but after 10 mins I rolled back to the factory version.
          I dont like these white frames, stopping and starting cells at all. I was going nuts
          I simply want to click on a cell and get to its editor. Simple as that. Like its working in the V1 version. Maybe I missed something but you have to select a cell and then press info to access it? I think this is a step backwards in simplicity. Sorry, at the moment I will stay with v1
          Might be good for a live show to play already saved and finished songs, but not in Studio when creating something...
          Last edited by mschleis; 04-24-2020, 11:20 AM.

Comment

It’s really uncomfortable when you touch cell and it’s mute.
            please return previous approach

Comment

I just bought toolbox a month ago, and I love the features like having 128 steps (which is great for long melodies). And the fact that you can save a song under a name is fantastic - I wwas looking for a long time for a sequencer like this. What is a little tricky that some functions are a bit hidden like the screen where you can access the root note, quantizer.
              A hardware start and stop button would have been great - would it be possible to use one of the gate/cv ins for that purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by maikschott View Post
                I just bought toolbox a month ago, and I love the features like having 128 steps (which is great for long melodies). And the fact that you can save a song under a name is fantastic - I wwas looking for a long time for a sequencer like this. What is a little tricky that some functions are a bit hidden like the screen where you can access the root note, quantizer.
                A hardware start and stop button would have been great - would it be possible to use one of the gate/cv ins for that purpose?
                The bottom right of the screen is a start/stop button. Working great here.

Comment

I would also be interested in knowing if there is a "RESET / Start" CV IN, for example to trigger start with Pam?

Comment

Working...
                  X