No announcement yet.

Toolbox 2.0 feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this V2 ever going to come out of Beta or is it dead in the water ?

Comment

Originally posted by Filterfreak View Post
      Is this V2 ever going to come out of Beta or is it dead in the water ?
      Yup ... be nice to get an answer about this!

Comment

Thanks for asking. Toolbox is still an active product. I'm sorry to hear about crashing problems. I thought they were all resolved.

We would really appreciate a preset that demonstrates the problems you describe. I did do some quick tests yesterday and came up empty. We will continue to take a look.

Comment

Just updated, and have to say that I do not like the new cell selection process. Using the knobs is pretty counter-intuitive when I am used to just pressing the cell I want to edit. And, as each press is a stop/start instead of a mute, the cell does not start playing at
          similar to my experience
          I tried out the V2 beta today, but after 10 mins I rolled back to the factory version.
          I dont like these white frames, stopping and starting cells at all. I was going nuts
          I simply want to click on a cell and get to its editor. Simple as that. Like its working in the V1 version. Maybe I missed something but you have to select a cell and then press info to access it? I think this is a step backwards in simplicity. Sorry, at the moment I will stay with v1
          Might be good for a live show to play already saved and finished songs, but not in Studio when creating something...
          Last edited by mschleis; 04-24-2020, 11:20 AM.

Comment

It’s really uncomfortable when you touch cell and it’s mute.
            please return previous approach

Comment

I just bought toolbox a month ago, and I love the features like having 128 steps (which is great for long melodies). And the fact that you can save a song under a name is fantastic - I wwas looking for a long time for a sequencer like this. What is a little tricky that some functions are a bit hidden like the screen where you can access the root note, quantizer.
              A hardware start and stop button would have been great - would it be possible to use one of the gate/cv ins for that purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by maikschott View Post
                I just bought toolbox a month ago, and I love the features like having 128 steps (which is great for long melodies). And the fact that you can save a song under a name is fantastic - I wwas looking for a long time for a sequencer like this. What is a little tricky that some functions are a bit hidden like the screen where you can access the root note, quantizer.
                A hardware start and stop button would have been great - would it be possible to use one of the gate/cv ins for that purpose?
                The bottom right of the screen is a start/stop button. Working great here.

Comment

I would also be interested in knowing if there is a "RESET / Start" CV IN, for example to trigger start with Pam?

Comment

Yes ou can Start and Stop from pam but only with the midi expander pexp1. Just conect the midi out of it in to midi in of toolbox.

I dont like as well these mute function. Prefer much more the mute while holding home button the color coding is much more recognisable in this mode, but there are bit differnt in reseteing your seqence tho.
                    like because of that even more the home mute function for staying in sync

Comment

Sorting out the issue with the Cv Notes receiving on all midi channels would be great as you can't use the BSP or any midi keyboard sending note data

Comment

Thought i would give this a bump as it seems very quiet on the Toolbox front , Looks like it's time to buy a midi filter

Comment

Working...
                        X